Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

I'm not a "insider" but as I said already I know Catwoman won't be sexualized (yes the costume) in the way yall want. Matt and any good director is capable to write a good female character without needing this.
And the comic book, anime, etc. artists need to do better already.

So the snyder cultists, the incels can start their smear campaign now like you did with BOP :yay:
Who the hell are you responding to? A presumably more practical, streetwise look is getting a positive response here. Rather, posters are being critical of the overt sexualilty and lack of practicality behind Hathaway's look. You can take your references to "you" and "yall" and "incels" and you can stuff them. You are talking to the wrong audience.

I'm not an "insider" but as I said already I know Catwoman won't be sexualized (yes the costume) in the way yall want. Matt and any good director is capable to write a good female character without needing this.

So the snyder cultists, the incels can start their smear campaign now like you did with BOP :yay:
I still thought They were hot so... I mean those ladies are good looking.

I can write whatever I want if I'm not breaking any rules. And I was very clear since there are people already complaining (I'm talking in GENERAL), deal with it Detective

Last edited:
We better back off boys, who knows what else he'll accuse us of.

So apparently Zoe wears something resembling all-black biker gear. Leather boots and helmet-like cowl.... Hmmmm. Radical.
Never watched the anime, but I've always remembered this character (Celty Sturluson) because of its similarities to Catwoman:

original.jpg

With the whole early-years angle, if this scoop is true, hopefully it evolves in the future to something more conventional.

I honestly don't mind if we start off like this.

Never watched the anime, but I've always remembered this character (Celty Sturluson) because of its similarities to Catwoman:

original.jpg

With the whole early-years angle, if this scoop is true, hopefully it evolves in the future to something more conventional.

Unless she has a number of outfits, I can't imagine Selina sneaking through windows with a biker helmet on. But who knows.... Maybe this is exactly what we will get.

Unless she has a number of outfits, I can't imagine Selina sneaking through windows with a biker helmet on. But who knows.... Maybe this is exactly what we will get.
It could definitely work, but im personally doubting its an actual biker helmet. Im expect something she'll wear with cat ears that can be removed.

I actually really like that anime artwork though, so if it is a helmet similar to that, I'd be okay with it.

If this is the route they’re taking, I’m doubting she’ll be a full time cat burglar because of the impracticality of such an outfit.

If the majority of her action escapades involves chases and motorcycles, then I can see this fit being appropriate as this film's de facto “catsuit” without actually being so. I'm thinking something similar to Bale's proto-batsuit with the burglar mask.

I'm not an "insider" but as I said already I know Catwoman won't be sexualized (yes the costume) in the way yall want. Matt and any good director is capable to write a good female character without needing this.

I still think she'll be sexualized in some way. I mean.. it's Catwoman, seduction is par for the course, she's THE femme fatale. You don't have to be wearing tight fitting clothes 24/7 to be sexy though.

All practical. No fun. Just what I wanted!

Maybe she's just wearing a motorcycle helmet with a motorcycle outfit in that scene but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was the official catsuit. It sounds cool

I dont want her sexualized. Cover her all the way up. I just want a cat mask/cowl.

All practical and no fun makes Bruce a dull boy.

I still think she'll be sexualized in some way. I mean.. it's Catwoman, seduction is par for the course, she's THE femme fatale. You don't have to be wearing tight fitting clothes 24/7 to be sexy though.

Yes, there are many ways to do so (I can even think of examples). But you know what i mean

No, exactly, I think it is a difference between objectification and sensuality/sexuality. The leaker made clear that they haven't seen a ton of scenes yet and cannot speak to characterizations. It is clear that the comments are about the visual look alone and whether Catwoman is being objectified, which I think we can all agree is generally a problem with her visual depictions in modern comics.

Since Reeves is going for a noir feel, it is clear that Catwoman will have a femme fatale feel and there is a certain flirtatiousness and sexuality that is inherent in that character type and Catwoman herself. However, that does not mean that Catwoman should be physically objectified as happens too often. That sensuality and flirtatiousness can all be left to Kravitz's performance. If she gives the role that certain energy, the character will be sexy despite being dressed in a more restrained and practical fashion. That would be the ideal balance.

I mean, he didn't even mention the pants. Maybe they are tight fitting, dunno, we'll see. Zoe is not someone particularly scared of using her sexuality.

In my opinion Catwoman should always be covered in black bars during the movie in case any of the boys in the audience get too rowdy.

original.jpg

Yeah, I don’t mind starting there if it moves in a direction I prefer over time.

I'll have to see how it actually looks (if all of this is true), but slinkiness is one of the main things I associate with Catwoman. If it's too loose-fitting, it's not going to appeal to me. I'm also not going to like a motorcycle helmet for her primary look.

When I hear "leather biker gear" and "helmet cowl" my first reaction was "Oh, so like Gotham?"

When I hear "leather biker gear" and "helmet cowl" my first reaction was "Oh, so like Gotham?"
Not really. It is all about execution. "All-Black Foam latex bodysuit with molded cowl and long ears" can be used to described all of the Burton, Schmacher, and the Begins suit. However, they are some very key differences between them in design and execution that change the overall style and design a good bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"