Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

is this **** real? catwoman should not be black and I'd prefer if they got someone who looked at least somewhat like audrey hepburn

Ever heard of Eartha Kitt? The black actress who played Catwoman like fifty years ago?

He must like Adam Hughes' drawings of the character. Alas, the heart wants what the heart wants.

There's certainly nothing unusual about having a specific type in mind for a character, a fictional character no less. The precedent argument doesn't really work, as it's a bit like saying, "Well, given that Batman's no stranger to killing in the movies, it's foolish to want a different take on the character where he refrains from doing so." That said, the casting phase of this production is all but over now. Kravitz is our new Catwoman. Period. You don't have to love the way she looks, but you can try to set aside superficial tendencies and focus on what's most important, i.e., her actual performance in the role. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I’m more concerned about her being short for the role. Is that wrong to think that way?

I actually really like her height for Catwoman lol Selina is supposed to be sneaky, like a cat, her being small and being able to fit into places Batman can't is perfect

I don't think it's really a problem, but I have been watching High Fidelity and she is tiiiiiiiiny.

I’m more concerned about her being short for the role. Is that wrong to think that way?

Yeah, Zoe's a lot shorter than I initially thought she was. But rather than risk sounding like a hypocrite, I'm just going to suggest that we go with it. lol

Also, for what it's worth, I generally picture Selina as a woman of average height anyway, so her being a few inches smaller doesn't bother me much.

Remember Michelle Pfeiffer wasn’t tall either, even if Burtons dived into fantasy, she still looks intimidating nonetheless.

And Zoe said in an interview that Batman represents the physical force side and she’s more on the finesse side.

She may not be that much of a fighter but more of a skilled acrobatic woman with full of confidence and manipulative.

From what I’m hearing, this Catwoman has background in the military.

I’ve always seen Selina as being short.

I would abandon this entire movie if she’s revealed to be in the military. That’s the dumbest change I’ve ever heard for her character, not including a certain 2004 movie.

Formerly in the military, unappealing but not a dealbreaker for me. Currently in the military, that would be pushing it.

I can't imagine that any superhero fan, much less a superhero forum regular would sit this one out for no other reason than Selina having military experience.
She’s my favorite comic book character of all time. And she’s yet to get a truly faithful representation on any other medium, as good as most of those interpretations are. I don’t mind the race change. Many minorities have played the role and Black Canary in BoP proved you can drastically change a character’s look and still be completely faithful to his/her nature. The height thing already bothers me but I’ll let that go if she’s at least 96.9% accurate to the character. I’m not asking much. Her formerly being in the military is a huge change that adds nothing whatsoever.

It adds a lot if she has fighting skills, scaling buildings etc. A LOT. For instance, how did Hathaway or Pfeiffer fight so well?

The rumour was that she has military background and now currently works for a crimelord. Also, I don’t see what the problem is with her height. I always saw Selina Kyle as being really short.

What, is she going to be doing Krav Maga?

Don’t know man, she said the symbol on the chest would be used as a weapon a couple of weeks before Reeves even revealed that video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"