Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

Awesome choice.
La-ir%C3%B3nica-infancia-de-Zoe-Kravitz.jpg

:atp:

I like her look, but she's been a little samey in the stuff I've seen her in, even Big Little Lies. Maybe this is the film where she breaks out of that? I'd have really liked Zazie Beetz, if that's who Kroll meant.

I've seen her in Mad Max Fury Road, X-Men: First Class, and Crimes of Grindelwald, and she didn't make much of an impression in any of them, so I'm not convinced of her acting yet either.
That's where I'm at. I think she's a gorgeous woman and that's the only reason I've ever been drawn to her on screen.
But I've seen Fury Road, FC, Dope and I've never been overly impressed with her acting. Not that she's bad, but she never seemed major league to me

I like Zoe as a person, she seems really chill and laid back but her acting is mediocre and I'm being nice about that. None of the 'finalists' seemed like great acting choices so I have a feeling Selina Kyle won't have a significant role in this

I like Zoe as a person, she seems really chill and laid back but her acting is mediocre and I'm being nice about that. None of the 'finalists' seemed like great acting choices so I have a feeling Selina Kyle won't have a significant role in this
FWIW, she was the only bright spot in the last Harry Potter.

I don't think ANY of the villains are gonna have huge roles, tbh. I think Bats and his detective work are actually gonna be the central focus for a change.

so I have a feeling Selina Kyle won't have a significant role in this

All the villains except for maybe a couple will be cameos. Reeves has said it's a detective story that will feature the rogues gallery. So it looks like you will have Batman going villain to villain looking for clues.

FWIW, she was the only bright spot in the last Harry Potter.

Is that a good thing? I struggled to watch that movie and I did not find her memorable.

I did like her in Dope but she was pretty much just herself in that

The calculator, lie detector and microscopes are gonna have bigger roles thant the villains

I don't think ANY of the villains are gonna have huge roles, tbh. I think Bats and his detective work are actually gonna be the central focus for a change.
My personal theory is that when Reeves says Chinatown is a model and that it's a point of view driven detective story he means in a literal, structural sense and that much like with Jake Gittes there won't be any scenes without Bruce.

Also, fantastic casting. Dead ringer for Year One Selina.

Reeves made the choice, end of story.

They were definitely looking for a POC actress here. Considering Ana was my first choice, it's comforting that Zoe earned the spot amongst those candidates.

So close!

Hopefully WB comes back to Ana and Eiza for GCS

I mean she screentested with Pattinson and won, so there must be something there.
I mean that doesn't mean anything. PLenty of people screentest with each other, get chosen for the role and they're still a dude on screen.
Reeves made the choice, end of story.
Did this need to be said? :shrug:
Reeves may have made the choice, but that doesn't mean it's the end of be all we have to like it

I mean that doesn't mean anything. PLenty of people screentest with each other, get chosen for the role and they're still a dude on screen.
In lieu of seeing actually footage, I'll have to trust the director on the choice he made. That's all it means.

Not bad at all. I think every casting so far has been rock solid. I liked the idea of a Hispanic Selina so I preferred a Latina actress like Eiza or Ana but Zoe was definitely up there for me. And if she beat them out in a screen-chemistry test with Rob I'm even more on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"