Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

I really like the angle the implied ears point. Marvel has done this with black panther in the comics recently and it didn't make it to live action. I would be more than okay with the ears kind of sculpted in that tucked position.

The director explicitly said that she isn't catwoman yet. Same with penguin.

77bea324acd005783d049d9d4607d5f732c86f62.gif
faa2e052401a89fd6857221129608de06efa39c1.gif

Did a little rework on this piece after seeing the trailer. I did the original When Zoe was originally cast. I can’t wait to get a better look to do a more accurate drawing.

Nice work man :up:

Zoe is so perfect as Catwoman that it’s unreal. I can’t wait to hear her voice. I’m pretty sure her story will be fine, but the one thing I want is a milk drinking scene. Quite possibly in her outfit.

LOL a milk drinking scene? Out of all the things one could ask for with Zoe, you want a scene of her drinking milk? I’m dead.

LOL a milk drinking scene? Out of all the things one could ask for with Zoe, you want a scene of her drinking milk? I’m dead.

Lmao don’t judge me

There’s not much I can ask for Catwoman. I’m pretty much sold on her in the trailer. Her fighting style, and amazing theft scene, her Pre-Catwoman attire. Just throw in a cat and some milk and I’m pretty much down for the ride along. The only thing that would mess me up is over the top acting. Like her making weird cat noises or trying to sound like Ertha Kitt.

Last edited:
I didn't mind some of the name changes and stuff. With Ramirez for example, I'm pretty sure I read that it was very intentionally not-Montoya, because they didn't want to compromise the integrity of the Montoya character given how Ramirez ends up being corrupt in the film.

I think it's a different way of showing respect to the source material when you have similar characters serving similar functions in the story, but they're maybe like...35-45% the character you based it on, so you alter or change the name to reflect that, rather than just keeping the name to check a box while probably not even attempting to do justice to that character in the process. You may not have liked John Blake. But at least you can say that's a Nolan-original character, and not version of Dick Grayson that bares very little resemblance with Dick Grayson. It's its own thing.

As for the whole "Catwoman" thing...I mean, I don't event think anyone actually addresses her as Catwoman in Batman Returns. Other than the "I am Catwoman, hear me roar" line, I don't believe the name Catwoman is uttered by anyone else in the film.

So yeah...it's pretty much a non-issue to me. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it in Rises if there wasn't so much in the press made of it. And I'm certainly not gonna care if Zoe isn't called that in this film either, given that Reeves has said she's not a fully-formed Catwoman yet.

I don’t think Selina has come up with the name yet, and she’s probably going around town unnoticed. Once it’s in the headlines that there’s a cat burglar, maybe the press starts calling her Catwoman and she upgrades her costume.

As for the whole "Catwoman" thing...I mean, I don't event think anyone actually addresses her as Catwoman in Batman Returns. Other than the "I am Catwoman, hear me roar" line, I don't believe the name Catwoman is uttered by anyone else in the film.

They called her Catwoman in the news, and Selina repeated it.

I care about whether they call her Catwoman. I care more about whether she is Catwoman, which I don't Hathaway ever was. It also matters to me whether she becomes Catwoman in the first movie. (I don't need her to drink milk, personally.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"