Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

The Penguin also said it, kind of.
‘’...while Gotham City was ravaged by a disease that turned eagle-scouts into crazed clowns and happy homemakers into catwomen!’’

I've been pretty vocal about my disdain for Batman Returns and I have to say that one of the worst decisions that movie made was giving the Penguin a clown army. I mean, I get the whole "freak show" vibe they were going for but given that we had the Joker in the previous film, it just felt weird to have clown antagonists again. I remember seeing that in some of the promotional materials before the movie came out and thinking that the Joker was going to return.

Of course, the clowns weren't half as bad as those stupid "penguin commandos." I know a lot of people look back fondly on that film but the comic book community back then mocked that movie pretty thoroughly. I remember Wizard constantly cracking jokes about it and even DC itself poked fun at the movie in its Death of Superman issue of "Newstime" (a fake magazine it released based on Newsweek and Time). I don't know how I remember this but it had a review of a "Courageous Man" movie that was a thinly veiled reference to BR and it basically said that it sucked.

I've been pretty vocal about my disdain for Batman Returns and I have to say that one of the worst decisions that movie made was giving the Penguin a clown army. I mean, I get the whole "freak show" vibe they were going for but given that we had the Joker in the previous film, it just felt weird to have clown antagonists again. I remember seeing that in some of the promotional materials before the movie came out and thinking that the Joker was going to return.

Of course, the clowns weren't half as bad as those stupid "penguin commandos." I know a lot of people look back fondly on that film but the comic book community back then mocked that movie pretty thoroughly. I remember Wizard constantly cracking jokes about it and even DC itself poked fun at the movie in its Death of Superman issue of "Newstime" (a fake magazine it released based on Newsweek and Time). I don't know how I remember this but it had a review of a "Courageous Man" movie that was a thinly veiled reference to BR and it basically said that it sucked.

He had a clown gang. He had a penguin army.

A closer look at Catwoman on set in Glasgow. What do you think about the costume? Do you like it?2B12K80.jpg 2B12J0A.jpg 2B1719T.jpg 2B0WE11.jpg

Last edited:
I love the pre-Catwoman look and the motorcycle too. It even feels like a great idea that her costume origin is biker leather. Natural evolution.

633d064e-c455-4843-8f11-12dcb66746dd-jpeg.38201

Looks amazing... she's going to have some great outfits in this film.

She’s feeding all the children tonoooiiittteee henny!

she looks seriously so good. I can’t wait to see her different outfits and hairstyles.

She really does look incredible. It's like a mix of 90's goth with a vintage flare.

Yeah, I would even say a little 1980s in light of the hat. The costume design for this movie is just amazing. There is a clear 1980s-1990s period styling to all of the clothing. It is just brilliant and gives this Gotham a wonderful out of time feel to it. Gritty and grimy, but in a quasi-modern way instead of the real old timey feel of Burton's approach.

Yeah, I would even say a little 1980s in light of the hat. The costume design for this movie is just amazing. There is a clear 1980s-1990s period styling to all of the clothing. It is just brilliant and gives this Gotham a wonderful out of time feel to it. Gritty and grimy, but in a quasi-modern way instead of the real old timey feel of Burton's approach.
Agreed! The fact that we can't really pin point the year also reminds me an awful lot of batman TAS. It's almost like a dream world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"