Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

I blame the lack of Goyer’s influence in Catwoman being so basic in Rises. Apparently Nolan wanted to do something similar in Begins with Batman until Goyer pushed him off of it and offer a fully fledged Batman.
If that's true, I will credit Goyer for that. I would've been annoyed if they took a Smallville approach to Batman Begins ;)

Yes we want to see Bruce prototyping and coming up with everything but you can't just put it all in the last 5 minutes. It would've been frustrating.

I wonder if she’ll have the whip. Has Zoe been posting videos on Instagram of her whip training?

Until a couple days ago the only things I had ever seen Zoe Kravitz in was Fury Road and First class.
I just binge watched High Fidelity though and thought she was fantastic in that.
I can’t wait to see her as Selina.

Was there something coming today?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's sunday.

The not so reliable Grace Randolph. I’m not getting my hopes up.

I also wouldn’t get my hopes up Catwoman has more of a costume than what we see in the trailer. Could be but I certainly wouldn’t assume so.

I also wouldn’t get my hopes up Catwoman has more of a costume than what we see in the trailer. Could be but I certainly wouldn’t assume so.
I feel like shell have a mask of some sort that isn’t just the ski mask. The rest of the look is fine!

Without knowing too much about her arc, where do you all think Catwoman ends up at the end of the film? Prison? Working for someone? Solo?

I blame the lack of Goyer’s influence in Catwoman being so basic in Rises. Apparently Nolan wanted to do something similar in Begins with Batman until Goyer pushed him off of it and offer a fully fledged Batman.
Yeah, from what I can recall reading (I may be wrong), Nolan tried to get rid of Batman's cape, as well as the bat-symbol on his chest.

I also don't think he initially intended to have Selina/Catwoman in Rises at all, and her inclusion was more down to Jonah's persistence to include her.

Yeah, from what I can recall reading (I may be wrong), Nolan tried to get rid of Batman's cape, as well as the bat-symbol on his chest.

I also don't think he initially intended to have Selina/Catwoman in Rises at all, and her inclusion was more down to Jonah's persistence to include her.
Nolan felt like you couldn’t do Batman without the cape. The Catwoman part is true.

Without knowing too much about her arc, where do you all think Catwoman ends up at the end of the film? Prison? Working for someone? Solo?
She’s already working for Falcone probably. So assuming he dies by the hands of the Riddler, she’ll probably go completely solo and update her suit at the end. Even though we may not see the suit evolved until the sequel.

I think this movie is about every major character breaking free from their past selves and evolving into the next phase.

Arguably the most conventional spot for her would be beginning to stabilize herself as the Chaotic Neutral of Gotham, with no master and as a low priority for Batman at worst.

My conventional prediction would be that she leaves both the other villains and Batman in a situation where she’s still employable but not trusted - something like she upheld her end of a bargain with Batman in procuring information or nabbing something he needs, but likely stole something hugs as well as her starter fund for her greater criminal career.

As a fan of BatCat, the real interesting question for me is just how fatale he is towards Batman as a femme fatale; does she betray him at one point, have a more ambiguous stance between them, or end as someone Batman tacitly refuses to hunt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"