Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

How the hell has Zoe fallen to the second page of this forum? Let’s fix that!

Love this confirmation (more or less) that Selina is bisexual. LGBTQ characters are still few and far between in superhero films (side-eyeing you, Marvel) so it’s great to see such a prominent, iconic character being portrayed as queer. Also, for anyone who would complain that this is some betrayal of the character or whatever, this isn’t the first time it’s been implied that Selina is bi. Back in the first Hush story, it’s strongly implied that Selina hooked up with Ivy and it wasn’t just because Ivy used her powers.

Anyway, I have to say, Selina is the character in this movie I’m most excited about. I’m absolutely LOVING everything I’ve seen of her so far.

I definitely need more from Selina. If she doesn't get her own film she better be in the sequel.

100% - For a noir detective movie, this movie gets its Batman canon action / accessories better than any preceding film. Selina’s whip stuff… Priceless. Penguin’s sloppy machine gun stuff, etc. I feel like they nailed the only version of Catwoman I like as much as Michelle Pfieffer’s.

I definitely need more from Selina. If she doesn't get her own film she better be in the sequel.
Feels like a cert for the sequel and hopefully getting a show if not a film. This was a great intro for her character. These versions of Batman and Catwoman go so well together.

Taking the 1966 Batman and animated stuff out of the conversation, it's a tough call between Kravitz and Pfeiffer for me. Pfeiffer's Catwoman will always be iconic but Zoe's felt more in line with the character as we know her from the post-'90s modern era of Batman comics.

I also liked Hathaway's portrayal but by comparison she was really given a lot less to work with than Pfeiffer or Kravitz.

I will never have an easy time choosing a favorite here. I like the primary three all for different reasons.

Hathaway is damn good in the role and appears to be having fun. Also helped that it was at that point the most faithful take on the character in the live action films.

Zoe is equally as good but more on the playful side and has better chemistry with the actor playing Batman. She's very convincing in the role with the way she portrays Selina's physicality.
Also LOVE LOVE LOVE they fit in her connection to Falcone. Big plus for this adaptation.

Pfieffer is the most electric of the 3. The adaptation wasn't very faithful to Selina in the comics but Michelle is so so good. I suspect if she was the right age and you gave her either the TDKR or The Batman scripts she probably knocks it out of the park. However it's not reality. So hard to say.

Ugh. This is a good problem to have.

Last edited:
Zoe was essentially a pitch perfect, post 90s Catwoman in this. She has the look and is super ****ing hot in this, but she nails everything. Mysterious enough at times, sympathetic at other points -- she has a great little arc of her own.

Taking the 1966 Batman and animated stuff out of the conversation, it's a tough call between Kravitz and Pfeiffer for me. Pfeiffer's Catwoman will always be iconic but Zoe's felt more in line with the character as we know her from the post-'90s modern era of Batman comics.

I also liked Hathaway's portrayal but by comparison she was really given a lot less to work with than Pfeiffer or Kravitz.

For me, Pfeiffer still edges out the win since she was fully Catwoman, the look is iconic, and she had some iconic moments.

Kravitz is still a kitten, still loved her but i want to see a fully-fledged Catwoman.

For me, Pfeiffer still edges out the win since she was fully Catwoman, the look is iconic, and she had some iconic moments.

Kravitz is still a kitten, still loved her but i want to see a fully-fledged Catwoman.
All that was really missing from Zoe's Catwoman was the goggled cowl look that the character has had for a while now but has yet to make an appearance in a live action film. I'm hoping she gets an upgrade from the ski mask in the sequel.

Batman--Arkham-City-Gave-Catwoman-A-Weird-Counter-Attack.jpg

She’s almost there I can’t wait to see her return to Gotham for some fun.

All that was really missing from Zoe's Catwoman was the goggled cowl look that the character has had for a while now but has yet to make an appearance in a live action film. I'm hoping she gets an upgrade from the ski mask in the sequel.

The thing that sucks is that her entire look is great. I like the long nails and the body suit, but a ski mask isn’t doing it for me. Idk why they’re seemingly so embarrassed to give her a cowl or at least find a better way to have the cat ears. Even Nolan found a way to have the cat ears.

The thing that sucks is that her entire look is great. I like the long nails and the body suit, but a ski mask isn’t doing it for me. Idk why they’re seemingly so embarrassed to give her a cowl or at least find a better way to have the cat ears. Even Nolan found a way to have the cat ears.
Believe it or not, even though I'm not a fan of the ski mask look, I still prefer it to the TDKR cat ears that basically just looked like a headband.

I never liked Anne's cat goggles, so as simple as it looks, Zoe's ski mask is pretty good. But I hope she'll have a nice upgrade in the sequels.

Yeah, I think there’s a fair chance and if so I’m really looking forward to it.

This may be a hot take but what Zoe exuded so naturally in this role, is what I feel like Anne struggled to do in TDKR.

She's officially my new favorite Catwoman after Pfeiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"