Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by James.B, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

No, lol. She’s a main role in the sequel. Stop being silly.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  2. TheVileOne Registered

How do you know? The film hasn't even been written yet.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  3. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

4. VonRomberg Registered

Common sense informed by what information, exactly?

5. RokMeAmadeus Registered

I actually think having her in the very next movie at all would be the sillier choice.

it just totally defeats the purpose of that ending. What, Selina and Bruce go their separate ways, with Selina leaving Gotham, just for her to ... What, come back a week later? It just totally ruins that.

is she not having her own series?? Better to build her character up there and perhaps bring her back for the third film.

6. WatchProtect Registered

She definitely at least needs to be seen before a third film if she isn't in the second. So yeah a TV show Would be ideal

7. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

You are literally insane if you think she’s not in the sequel

8. Sawyer High King

9. BMW 224 Symbol of Vengeance becomes Symbol of Hope

This is probably gonna age like milk but I don't think she's in the sequel either.

My guess is we're gonna get a new love interest for the Bruce Wayne side of things and we see Selina as Catwoman in the third.

But I do think we're gonna get a spin off of Zoe Kravitz Selina Kyle between the second and third.

10. WatchProtect Registered

I wouldn't mind a new love interest but idk, I feel like it's kinda off to introduce Selina from the beginning and be able to naturally build up the romance and then cut that off. But then resume it in a third film. It should just follow a straight line imo.

11. Jekecy Registered

It seems inevitable for her to get considerable screen time and development through the HBO show(s).

I'm also of the camp that doesn't consider it unlikely for her to take a break from the sequel. This part of the Bat/Cat relationship closed off with a nice bow in this film. Reeves doesn't have to immediately return to it just yet. The fact he even had her go out of the city indicates at least he left an answer for why she would be missing in the subsequent film.

In the long term I think it works well if audiences are itching for more of their dynamic rather than just expecting it in every movie. A few years absence would do good for keeping that relationship fresh.

12. elgato There's a storm coming.

Why wou
    Why would the sequel take place a week later lol. It makes sense that a year or two went by and she returned after her journey to become Catwoman. I think it's a stretch to think she won't come back specially considering how Zoe even said in an interview that she would find it weird for her not to return to The Batman 2. Also Matt talked about their future chemistry in a recent interview.
    Also my hot take on "a new love interest" is that I think having a new love interest every movie has always been quite mysoginistic in terms that that women only work as the romantic interest for the male lead. Selina represents a complex and interesting character that can also play a romantic role in the story.

pixen likes this.
  13. pixen Registered

If she’s not in the sequel, I’ll be mad. It’d be nice to have a recurring female in Bruce’s life. I saw the ending more as a way to let her get the Catwoman life and possibly have a spin-off series/movie.

Matt.S99 and antsman41 like this.
  14. Invader Joker Registered

What if I told you that much in the same way it'd be cool for Bruce to have a new love interest, it'd also be cool for Selina to have another love interest in her own show? I feel that we need to see these characters apart from each other and independent for a bit before seeing them back together.

15. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Why are you talking like Morpheus?

16. pixen Registered

I think some people get scared about Catwoman upstaging Batman.

17. WatchProtect Registered

Catwoman is honestly the first person I would have expected to get a spin-off after this film.

I wonder if maybe they're trying to get a short film off the ground for Max like they're doing with Batgirl. I'm sure it's not a logistics issue so I'm interested why one hasn't been announced.

18. pixen Registered

Catwoman is a big draw. Either they’ll give her a spin-off of some sort or they will want to keep her story in the main series and have her in The Batman 2.

Iceman likes this.
  19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yep, maybe even both. :cool:

pixen likes this.
  20. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

They better give this (cat) woman a spin-off. Zoe deserves it, she can hold her own.

Let her square off against her sister Sofia and Black Mask.

pixen likes this.
  21. pixen Registered

This would be the ideal plot to use. Bring in Holly and the rest of her cast from Brubaker’s run and call it a miniseries.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  22. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

Her Oscar looks, meow.

Both Zoe and Rob have been slayin' fashion these past few months.

23. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin (he/him/his)

I don't get the impression that this version of Falcone has any legitimate children... He doesn't seem like the family type as demonstrated by his being holed up in a bachelor pad above Oz's club and his constant parade of young eye candy on his arm.

It gives him a seedier, more grotesque aura than your usual, family focused Italian mob boss stereotype.

24. The Batman The Dark Knight

I don't see how. It's not like it happened in this movie, and Batman Returns is really the only time she did.

25. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

Just out of seeing the movie.
    Leather looked good on her.
    She was fine, on par with Pfeifer catwoman for me.

WatchProtect likes this.