Zombie Novels?

William_C

StylelessKnave
Reaction score
I just read this little graphic novel called "Dead West" by Rick Spears and Rob Goodridge. I gotta praise the art itself because I really dig it. The action is awesome. Its spurred this zombie crave, and I'm wondering if there are any good novels that have a plot filled with zombies [other than World War Z, cause I've read that too].

Monster Island, Monster Nation, and Monster Planet. They were originally online serial novels, and are still available to read for free. They've also been published as books.

And for comics- The Walking Dead.

There's a book coming out/already out called "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

I did a quick zombie search at amazon and got 28,686 results :wow:

How was World War Z anyway? I remember hearing about that on another forum..(argh..don't remember which one), and it sounded kinda cool.
:bh:

[A];16780797 said:

Most were probably bibles. :hehe:

[A];16780797 said:

Zombies are the new vampires ;)

How was World War Z anyway? I remember hearing about that on another forum..(argh..don't remember which one), and it sounded kinda cool.
:bh:

Personally, I prefer The Zombie Survival Guide. However, the level of detail and research within WWZ is admirable, and its definately worth a look.

Zombies: Eclipse of the Undead :up:
Zombies Calling :up:

If you want something a little different, from the author of Let the Right One In:

n253997.jpg

If you want something a little different, from the author of Let the Right One In:

n253997.jpg

I'm sick to death of zombies, but if this guy can do to zombies what he did with vampires, I'm in.

The Zombie Survival Guide is a really fun book, and I'm planning on picking up "World War Z" at some point too. Also, I had a lot of fun with the Resident Evil books. They are fairly light reading, but I enjoyed them a lot.

World War Z is really great I think. The perspective of being a reporter and interviewing near death victims, to business men who exploited people for money... its really interesting. A real, real good read if you enjoy zombies.

I'm sick to death of zombies, but if this guy can do to zombies what he did with vampires, I'm in.

I haven't read it myself yet, but it seems to be similar to Let the Right One In in the meaning that it is more like a drama with supernatural elements rather than a traditional horror story

One of the best zombie books I've read is called "the rising" I seriously recommend it to anyone into horror! I'm currently reading the followup to it "City of the Dead"

World War Z is really great I think. The perspective of being a reporter and interviewing near death victims, to business men who exploited people for money... its really interesting. A real, real good read if you enjoy zombies.

WWZ was awesome. Some of the accounts really had a depressing/creepy air to them. Before this I hadn't even considered what would happen to the undead that fell into the ocean. I wouldn't mind a movie in this style.. it could be alot better than Diary of the Dead.

Monster Island, Monster Nation, and Monster Planet. They were originally online serial novels, and are still available to read for free. They've also been published as books.

And for comics- The Walking Dead.

I love that series... I've only read up to book 3 though. :csad:

It handles a completely different aspect of the zombie apocalypse... how dangerous the people that still live are.

I'd suggest checking out "The Living Dead". It's just a big collection of a ton of short stories... not all are good, but some are great.

Haha, those 3 are next on my list after I finish Jonathan Maberry's Patient Zero :D

33 :O

It was advertised pretty heavily in comics a while back, decided to start my zombie book collection w/ it.

33 :O

It was advertised pretty heavily in comics a while back, decided to start my zombie book collection w/ it.
I'm on page 188/ I actually met the author at comic con in Feb. He was giving away copies for free and signing them.

I'm telling you guys..... The Rising!

Finally got back to reading Patient Zero after taking a break(the book starts off kinda slow). Holy crap, I can't put this damn thing down! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"