The Flash ZOOM! (Possible season 2 spoilers)

7EB0pNj.jpg
BW8mRZb.jpg

I love his costume. Just saw these somewhere else and was telling my friend about it.

I'm a firm believer in the theory that it's future Barry. I mean, why else would the costume look nearly identical?

John Wesley Shipp has brown eyes, Zoom has brown eyes..... Zoom confirmed as Darth Vader? Of course the stunt actor could just be doing his sthick and the actual episode will have Zoom with his CGI make-up like in previous scenes with him.

John Wesley Shipp has brown eyes, Zoom has brown eyes..... Zoom confirmed as Darth Vader? Of course the stunt actor could just be doing his sthick and the actual episode will have Zoom with his CGI make-up like in previous scenes with him.

I was trying to figure out who it was under the mask with the brown eyes. It probably is just the stunt actor

7EB0pNj.jpg
BW8mRZb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. The costume looks much better than I originally thought.

Yeah, at this point, I'm leaning towards Zoom being the Earth-2 Barry Allen as well, which is kind of funny since I thought last season Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was a future version of Barry, but oh well :O Because it certainly seem like much of a coincidence that Zoom's costume is pretty much Barry's suit done in all black and gray. Moreover, let's not forget the vision of future Barry had when he saw himself in behind bars at Iron Heights. What if that's because Zoom frames Barry for a crime he didn't commit and the reason Zoom could pull that off is because, if he's the Earth-2 Barry, they would both have the same DNA.

The other possibility is that it's the Earth-2 Henry Allen, which could explain why John Wesley Shipp seemed to leave the show so abruptly the way he did during the season premiere.

Yeah, at this point, I'm leaning towards Zoom being the Earth-2 Barry Allen as well, which is kind of funny since I thought last season Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was a future version of Barry, but oh well :O Because it certainly seem like much of a coincidence that Zoom's costume is pretty much Barry's suit done in all black and gray. Moreover, let's not forget the vision of future Barry had when he saw himself in behind bars at Iron Heights. What if that's because Zoom frames Barry for a crime he didn't commit and the reason Zoom could pull that off is because, if he's the Earth-2 Barry, they would both have the same DNA.

The other possibility is that it's the Earth-2 Henry Allen, which could explain why John Wesley Shipp seemed to leave the show so abruptly the way he did during the season premiere.

Why would that explain why Shipp left the show so abruptly? That wasn't Earth 2 Henry Allen.

Why would that explain why Shipp left the show so abruptly? That wasn't Earth 2 Henry Allen.

Perhaps so the show can film Shipp in costume as Zoom on a regular basis. And when Zoom gets unmasked as we see it's Henry, the idea is to get a knee-jerk reaction from the viewers by having them go "Oh my god! Barry's dad is Zoom!" Only to have them later realize, "Oh wait, it's Henry Allen from Earth-2, not Barry's real dad."

Even so, I lean more towards the "Zoom is Earth-2 Barry" theory.

What if it's Earth 1 Barry from the past? Hear me out, when Barry travels back in time the first time, there's no past Barry. Just him. But we see in his second visit to the past, that he's in his childhood home with both his past and future self. Now what IF, the past Barry from his first accidental trip back got displaced in time? Maybe he floated around for what felt like an eternity and went mad. Maybe through both being trapped in time and the singularity opening, he ended up on Earth 2 right around the time Wells created all the metas.

From there, he bides his time. Waiting for the singularity to open back whilst building up his own speed, eventually becoming a speed demon. And that's why he wants Barry dead. Barry ruined his life the day he went back in time. And that's also why Zoom chose Linda to mess with present Barry, because Linda was the last woman Zoom dated. The last woman Zoom knows Barry cared for.

Now I know the big hole in this idea, among others I'm sure, is that in the accidental time travel episode, Barry first sees his future self running along side him before the future version vanishes. Perhaps that was our current Barry, running back through the past in order to allow himself to be displaced in time. Why? To find Zoom and stop him from ever making it through that timespace wormhole into Earth 2. To keep Zoom locked in time forever.

Now the big question? How do you get displaced in time? By allowing yourself to lose to the other speedster manipulating the speed force. Run fast enough to travel, but slow enough to be outrun. Too fast or too slow and you'll wind up stuck in whatever time you traveled back to. It's how Thawne got stuck, he was outrun by the future Barry that may or may not be stuck in time still. And it's how two Flash's managed to end up at his mother's house. They ran the same speed to get to the same point.

I'm hopped up on coffee and literally just thought this convoluted mess up.

Definitely agree it's Henry.

Maybe that explains why Henry Allen left so abruptly after leaving prison. Because Shipp is actually portraying another character....

That ****ing zoom mask.
I love it so much. :atp:

Really liking the pointed fingers too. :D

Also,
Zoom turning out to be Henry would be pretty amazing.

I'm leaning towards Joe, the guy in the suit just has a really similar build. Also, maybe it's just me but it's not just Tony Todd's voice I can hear there, and it's not just speed disruption. I've convinced myself that I can hear a bit of Joe's voice as well. :oldrazz:

Ah nevermind, just looked at that photo. Gotta be Henry.

I'm leaning towards Henry Allen.

Even from the small amount of footage we've seen, Zoom's body language eerily reminded me of the 1990 Flash. Would be cool to see John Wesley Shipp in a Flash suit (of sorts) again.

Politically correct Hollywood
I think it's Joe West

They picked and African American actor , Tony Todd to do voice work.

If they modulated the true voice fan base would spoil it.
I think there could have pc uproars if say Clancy brown did Joes voice

My picks are Joe, Barry, Henry

Also Zoom is too big for grant gustin

Yea I think it's Earth-2's Henry Allen.

I think it'd be a pretty cool flip on the Henry/Barry story from Earth-1, and have it so Henry actually framed Barry for the murder of Norah on Earth-2, hence Barry in prison in Barry's Speed Force vision.

Last edited:
If Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen, then this could mean that Barry's Earth-2 counterpart may have died. Or they could have Earth-2 Barry Allen be Cobalt Blue.

Why would earth-2 Henry Allen hate his own son? Where is earth-2 Barry Allen anyway?

Why would earth-2 Henry Allen hate his own son? Where is earth-2 Barry Allen anyway?

why? Who knows, could be any reason. I think he's in prison, like we saw when Barry went in to the Speed Force.

aQVemif.jpg

Last edited:

Earth-1 Barry isn't Earth-2 Henry Allen's son. Not even sort of. So there's no reason to think that he couldn't hate him.

Barry's probably unremarkable in the alternate universe -- the same way Earth-1 Jay Garrick is presumably a normal person, while Earth-2 Jay Garrick is that universe's Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"