DC Animation ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

This looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more!

Don’t think I’ve ever heard his stuff. Hope he’s got the goods.

He has the goods and more... he has done a ton of DC animation. His work is beautiful.

He has worked with Timm and Tucker on many DTV's and also scored 'Green Lantern: TAS' and 'Beware the Batman'.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, give me this RIGHT NOW.
This looks and all sounds so very cool.
I cant wait for it.

The setting, the Character design...everything is looking very promising.

Late on this, but I'm liking everything I'm hearing (though I'm still underwhelmed given how much they built up the animation style for this show), especially the new take on Harley which I find refreshing.

Should we be expecting a trailer anytime soon now that we've finally got a release date?

A teaser trailer release a week before it comes out? Seems unlikely to me.

Late on this, but I'm liking everything I'm hearing (though I'm still underwhelmed given how much they built up the animation style for this show), especially the new take on Harley which I find refreshing.

Should we be expecting a trailer anytime soon now that we've finally got a release date?

Yeah I was expecting higher quality BTAS animation. This is more TNBA

Yeah, I hope that post won't sound like I'm a party-pooper because I'm super excited for the series, but I just hope the animation is of a much higher quality than what's usually produced by DC animation these days. Especially with, like you said, the emphasis on this aspect in the initial announcement, but also the fact that there are Abrams and Reeves production companies behind it (and maybe some Amazon money?).

As said in a previous post, I'd love to see something as tight and dynamic as the old TMS episodes like “Feat of Clay part. 2“ . While it's a bit unfair to judge on still images, it seems in this first look (and in the leaks...hum) that things may not be quite as sophisticated, especially when it comes to light and shadow. The stylization and line works looks fine, but the color palette seem a little bit flat to me, lacking contrast... At least for now.

Of course, this wouldn't be a dealbreaker, as the series shows a lot of promise and I've always been a fan of Bruce Timm's style anyway.
But still, I'm hoping that the series will be visually a notch above what's usually done. At the very least, it should look in the same ballpark as "Justice League: Gods & Monsters".

Anyway, I really hope we'll get a trailer soon!

Amazon Prime has their upfront event on Tuesday, while WBD will have theirs on Wednesday.

Both seem like a pretty good place to announce the voice cast and then drop a teaser trailer online.

EDIT: WorldsFinestOnline has the press release and the first line does state, ''Ahead of their inaugural upfront presentation on May 14, Prime Video announces...''

So yeah, I would definitely expect something on Tuesday,

Last edited:
I love this look on Harley. It’s the best redesign she’s had in years tbh. Glad to see her back in a jester outfit and not something skimpy.
Very intriguing how they’re changing her. Looking forward to seeing a more calculating and sinister HQ.

I’m normally not a huge fan of that design on Catwoman, but it looks good here. And it’s nice to see something different on her.
I would have personally gone with the grey or purple whisker outfit, but she looks great nonetheless.

Love the Batman design. No notes.

Clayface looks very creepy.

I am really excited for this. Wish it wasn’t dropping all at once though. I think that’s such a terrible format we’ve gotten too comfortable with.

Amazon Prime has their upfront event on Tuesday, while WBD will have theirs on Wednesday.

Both seem like a pretty good place to announce the voice cast and then drop a teaser trailer online.

EDIT: WorldsFinestOnline has the press release and the first line does state, ''Ahead of their inaugural upfront presentation on May 14, Prime Video announces...''

So yeah, I would definitely expect something on Tuesday,

So, I guess we're now waiting for Wednesday, right?

So, I guess we're now waiting for Wednesday, right?
Man, not even at the WBD upfront event. I guess they'll just drop it online whenever.

I need Andrew Marino (DC Editor) to greenlight this ASAP. Batman: Caped Crusader Adventures written by Ed Brubaker and drawn by Jordan Gibson:

Could be a thing of beauty.

Man, not even at the WBD upfront event. I guess they'll just drop it online whenever.

I need Andrew Marino (DC Editor) to greenlight this ASAP. Batman: Caped Crusader Adventures written by Ed Brubaker and drawn by Jordan Gibson:

Could be a thing of beauty.

Oh, yeah!
But let me throw my name in the hat too for the cartoonist job. I mean, just look at my avatar! (What? I can dream, no? ^^')

More seriously, I'm not a big consumer of goodies, but with this show, and if it's really successful, I can see myself falling back into the same frenzy as in the early 90s with BTAS. I had so much stuff related to it... In any case, I hope to see some nice figurines released, in the same spirit and with the same visual fidelity as DC Collectibles did for the original show 10 years ago.

This has now jumped way up to one of my most anticipated things this year. I've always wanted either a Batman movie or tv show that went full retro 1940s noir. Taking Batman back to his pulpy roots.

Have you checked out the comic "The Batman: First Knight" comic series? issue 3 hasn't came out yet, but the first two issues have been a fun read.

81iuNGC7OAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

bm-fk-cv1-pulp-var-001xx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"