• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Apparently, I need to get out of sales

You pretty much lost any bargaining power you had when you let them put you in interim positions, at the same pay rate, without getting promoted. In their eyes, they saw an opportunity to screw you over by making you do the a higher level job, without giving you that promotion, which would've given you that raise.
exactly. at that point, it should have been clear they saw no future for him in any higher position.

Yeah, I worked in retail for the past two and a half years...but for me, I know it's a temporary thing. I'm going to school, and just trying to make some money to help me along the way.

I let them treat me like dirt, to be honest. I do what they tell me, because I know that I'll be moving on, soon. :up:

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I have a plan.

1) Start looking for a new job. One out of retail.
2) Play along with their little game until the new job comes along
3) Take advantage of their benefits, and gets some new glasses before I leave
4) When I do quit, do what I always planned and play "Invincible" by Pat Benetar on one of the stereo-enhanced TV sets on my way out the door.

This squashes my plans to show up as Beast for the annual Halloween costume contest. It would've topped my Rerun from last year.

Absolutely about rethinking #4.

'Love Is A Battlefield' is the obvious choice. And as you walk out, you mimic the street dancing routine. :up:

You're right to look for another job though, Manic. They're just screwing you over.

the company was paying for it. they were paying you your wage to work, not to talk on the phone. i know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

The conversation on the phone was to a customer who was asking me question after question about a certain product that we no longer carried, so I was explaining to him over and over that we no longer carried it. Their position was that I should have hung up on him because obviously he was just lonely, but I couldn't do that.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I have a plan.

1) Start looking for a new job. One out of retail.
2) Play along with their little game until the new job comes along
3) Take advantage of their benefits, and gets some new glasses before I leave
4) When I do quit, do what I always planned and play "Invincible" by Pat Benetar on one of the stereo-enhanced TV sets on my way out the door.

This squashes my plans to show up as Beast for the annual Halloween costume contest. It would've topped my Rerun from last year.

Good Ideas. Unfortunately when I read "Invincible", I started hearing Clay Aiken's "Invisible" in my head!? :( :( :(

The conversation on the phone was to a customer who was asking me question after question about a certain product that we no longer carried, so I was explaining to him over and over that we no longer carried it. Their position was that I should have hung up on him because obviously he was just lonely, but I couldn't do that.
ah, well that's different. those bastards! :cmad:

yes, unfortunately, there was no sound on the monitoring cameras, just video. If they COULD hear, maybe they would have paid attention to the snoring of the security guard just out of their range :(

That's pretty ******ed of them to tell you flat out you're not a good salesman. That stuff is only used for reviews, not on the floor.

I'd quit, man.

Well that is his job, selling stuff.

I was told in my review to just up the ante a bit. But they didn't tell me I was a weak salesman. :huh:

I work in retail, so I know what he's talking about.

So I really want to quit my job right now:

Okay, I requested off Saturday, just for an off day/ to watch football. My boss, the klutz he is, didn't realize that a person's last day was earlier this week. So he calls me Friday morning and tells me I'm working Saturday. I couldn't say yes or no; he didn't give me a choice. And just about 30 minutes ago, my mom told me she got two tickets for me to go to the Michigan State season opener.

I'm so pissed. If my boss wasn't stupid, he would have let me take the day off, and not work a 6-day, 40-hour week. :down

Other people have, like, 2 days on the schedule. Howcome they couldn't help carry the load?

Yeah. I've been through this before, but never to this extent. :down

BYU?

I just checked on ESPN and it's UAB, one of the C-USA teams.

But even though it's not a Big 10 opponent, I'd be pissed if I couldn't go to the home opener.

Call in sick:oldrazz:

You know the really sad part about them passing me up? All the damn extra shifts I've worked. Everytime a supervisor called in sick, they called me. There was a week where I had to work 12-hour shifts to cover half of our supervisors going on vacation at the same time. I'm good enough to be left in charge for practically a full day, but not good enough to promote.

I talked to my department manager today, and she explained that I simply don't do enough. That I'm supposed to go that extra mile. I then rattled off a list of things I'd done recently, and it turns out my problem is that I don't tell enough people that my tasks are done. The store manager was apparently under the impression I hadn't done jack-diddly for the past year because I didn't come running to him everytime I made BM. Getting some associates to clean out a box full of CDs that had long-since been swept under the rug? Apparently, I needed to tell people about that.

My blood has been boiling since yesterday. Damn them to hell!

Manic-Ever read any Daniel Quinn?

Itl change your life,and give you a whole new outlook on "climbing the ladder" no matter where you work

So I really want to quit my job right now:

Okay, I requested off Saturday, just for an off day/ to watch football. My boss, the klutz he is, didn't realize that a person's last day was earlier this week. So he calls me Friday morning and tells me I'm working Saturday. I couldn't say yes or no; he didn't give me a choice. And just about 30 minutes ago, my mom told me she got two tickets for me to go to the Michigan State season opener.

I'm so pissed. If my boss wasn't stupid, he would have let me take the day off, and not work a 6-day, 40-hour week. :down

Other people have, like, 2 days on the schedule. Howcome they couldn't help carry the load?
Sucks :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"