• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arrow Arrow: The Complete First Season Blu-ray - September 17th

Arachnid

The Spectacular Webhead
Reaction score
65505_medium.jpg

Preorders:
http://www.wbshop.com/product/code/...ode/1000362664.do&ref=39&CJPID=3594900&loc=01
http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Complet...UTF8&qid=1363674479&sr=1-3&keywords=Arrow+blu

Bonus Features:
Arrow Comes Alive! - From the minds of Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg comes Arrow, with its solid nod toward the roots of the famous DC Comics character. These two creative forces, along with their stellar cast, will guide this documentary, as they describe their modern update of the Green Arrow for a television audience.

Arrow: Fight School/Stunt School (featurette) - From expertly choreographed fights, to stunts that give feature films a run for their money; Arrow takes aim to present the best that television can offer. Experience the extraordinary effort that goes into each stunt sequence.

Deleted Scenes

Gag Reel

Arrow/ at Paley Fest 2013 - Highlights from the Paley Fest 2013 Arrow panel, including the cast and producers.

Discuss!

Last edited:
Wonder what episodes of JLU/Batman they will put on here.

Pretty boring cover. I really wish these companies would stop being lazy and take some cues from anime BD releases and get an artist to draw exclusive covers for the BDs of shows like this. Is it really that much trouble to put some thought into the disc releases? Hell, you don't even have to go that far, just look at HBO's releases. They definitely have the best BD releases for these live-action shows.

Rather have something like this for the cover. But it's not a big deal for me. Just care about what's inside.

Don't care for the cover but will be buying this

Yeah, the cover's lame. I hope it isn't final. I mean, Smallville did the whole shirtless thing too, but that actually looked like a cool piece of cover art. This just looks like a way to get the ladies to pay attention. I'd much prefer the first poster that cam out around SDCC to be the cover.

It would be awesome if they had Jim Lee or someone draw the cover.

I'll definitely be picking this up. Not a fan of the cover though but that can easily be fixed with a print off cover ala MessenjahMatt's.

Unsure why these and 'Arrow' feature shirtless or almost shirtless guys on the cover when they're action-adventure shows. All the same genre show, all have the same first season shirtless guy cover.

600full-smallville%3A-season-1-cover.jpg

250px-Teen_Wolf_Season_1_DVD.jpg

65505_medium.jpg

Eh. Teen Wolf doesn't really count. He's not shirtless, that's just a ridiculously deep V.

I am surprised they didnt take any promo pics of Ollie with his arrow. But they didnt really seem to take that many promo shots for this at all.

I am surprised they didnt take any promo pics of Ollie with his arrow. But they didnt really seem to take that many promo shots for this at all.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure every other promo picture has at least an arrow if not the bow.

Will be buying it as one of the better seasons of any show. Regarding the artwork I saw a nice official poster recently with Ollie, Tommy, Laurel and Thea, dressed in their street clothes, but he had the hood up. Was really quite artistic, and much better design for a cover than this.

I mean, I'm going to buy it, but that cover is terrible.

I've seen worse. The season 5 cover for Fringe looks dreadful, which is unfortunate, due to it being the final season AND there being a perfectly good poster they could've/should've used instead.

At least with this one, they're basing it off an actual poster they put out, instead of an awful photoshop.

No that's **** a well, just needs Arrow on the cover not a load of floating heads...

Unsure why these and 'Arrow' feature shirtless or almost shirtless guys on the cover when they're action-adventure shows. All the same genre show, all have the same first season shirtless guy cover.

600full-smallville%3A-season-1-cover.jpg

250px-Teen_Wolf_Season_1_DVD.jpg

65505_medium.jpg

Is that seriously the cover for TeenWolf DVD. ahahaha

Y'all are aware that these shows are aimed at teenage girls just as a much as to geeks due to the core demo of the networks that they're on, right? I mean, surely you've noticed that the soapy romances on the show get just as much screentime as "The Hood" and his action scenes. They put those guys shirtless on the covers for the same reason they cast them in the first place...and it wasn't their acting ability.

You want a true "action-adventure show," see BSG, 24, Strike Back, Hunted, Firefly, Doctor Who, etc. Of course, those all have/had soapy elements as most shows do, but the difference is that those elements aren't given equal standing with the action/mytharc elements and rarely drive the main story. Compared to those, the shows you're talking about are all straight-up genre soaps. Even Nikita on the same network is more of an action-adventure show than Arrow (how you can tell: little-to-no screentime devoted to people going on dates).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"