• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the details, according to our tipster: during at least one section of multiplayer, you play as a member of Joker or Bane's gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin.

And he's back! Here's WB Montreal's chance to redeem him.

As long as its not any kind of competitive TDM, i think it should be fine.

Possible multiplayer?

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-will-have-multiplayer-sources-s-478365060

I hope it's just the challenge maps or something new, cause I wouldn't want to mess with the single player portion, just for the sake of including it.

They're smart people I'm sure they won't make ruin that. and as long as it's optional and not forced I'm fine with it. alot of seem to can't get past the word that part should be optional. as in two mode to play single player and optional co-op multiplayer or as you said it should be in certain challenge maps.

and they need to have Experience in making that part/ section in the games too. this is the time for them to start to learn how make that and have/gain that experience.

Last edited:
They would have to explain then what happened to Bane in between AO and AA that turned him into a complete brain-dead idiot.

They would have to explain then what happened to Bane in between AO and AA that turned him into a complete brain-dead idiot.

Not really. This game could take place 10-15 years before the events of Arkham Asylum. They could explain it in like the 5th Prequel-Sequel.

If this is 90-100% correct, that may mean we'll get Robin after all. I'm a little surprised/excited about that. Grayson Robin, maybe (probably)?

Bring on Catwoman!

img_0005.jpg

So, are there any specific MP modes anyone would like to see? I guess the most obvious is co-op challenge maps.

yeah that'd be it. It'll most likely be name dynamic Duo too. for 2.

And in teams of four the Batsquad

Not really. This game could take place 10-15 years before the events of Arkham Asylum. They could explain it in like the 5th Prequel-Sequel.

True. But they would have to explain it eventually.

I think playing against Batman would be fun, as mentioned.

Capture the flag 4 vs 4 (villains vs heroes) would be amazing haha, but I doubt that's going to be included.

True. But they would have to explain it eventually.

Or maybe just ignore it. In the first game he was basically just a boss fight and so hopped up on Titan, that we can forgive that he did nothing but rage. In the 2nd game, he's merely a side-quest, using him to destroy the remaining Titan containers, so he'd be the only person possessing it. Of course then the stupid elevator scene happened. Anyway, he was barely in the games and on Titan both times, that we can probably assume the serum made him stupid.

I think playing against Batman would be fun, as mentioned.

Capture the flag 4 vs 4 (villains vs heroes) would be amazing haha, but I doubt that's going to be included.
it'd be called (villains) capture the loot/ (heroes)return the loot

or just have the heroes ruin the villains plans by just stopping them.

Just name it loot the joint

Maybe they could do something like Splinter Cell's Spy vs Merc MP. Or co-op scenarios like in Uncharted. Short sections taken from the Main campaign, that you can play with a friend.

A MP mode sounds good to me,Hoping for Batman and Robin co-op challenge maps!!

Titan fried his brain..Problem solved!

Do not want. Do not need (multiplayer).
As I've said if it's optional(as in mode you can Choose/ select from )and not forced. There shouldn't be a problem. you still have single player as main game and you have a second option and you don't have to touch it if you don't wish to or just have it in challenge maps .

IF it's optional and just challenge mode..Everyone wins,The story mode stats intact while players into MP gets to do it in another mode!!

Like I said, I wouldn't want it to interfere with the main story, but i'd love to have some multiplayer story DLC.

Something like Harley Quinn's Revenge, but with a friend.

MP being optional is one thing, but the problem could be in the time/resources they use putting in MP they could take away from detail and elements included in single-player that make AA and AC so good.

That's what everyone says who's against co-op/MP in single player games, in any shape or form. I simply point to Uncharted 2.

MP being optional is one thing, but the problem could be in the time/resources they use putting in MP they could take away from detail and elements included in single-player that make AA and AC so good.

well sheffton hill said that during city on attack of the show durin E3 and that was to please fans cause they wanted to put in multiplayer and they made nightwing and the others of cat woman and robin with that in mind, but they chose story that's all fine. cause they weren't used to makin co-op and multplayer and they needed time to learn how to do so. but the point is they had plans for it already. eventually and they will have to have it done on one of the games installments be it the third sequel or the third game even if it's prequel. and they do have enouh money to pull off resourse wise cause this is the larger wb game studio's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"