• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to me if this is the way they go with it. However, is it ever said when MoS takes place because TDKR takes place in 2014 (approximately). The TDK world could easily be a pre-first contact world. There is nothing to suggest stuff like MoS has happened before.

I'm saying the stuff from MOS happened AFTER TDKR, so it would be easy enough for Bruce Wayne to come back and check out the destruction as well as this "Superman" alien being.

The whole thing will just look ludicrous imo.

He's still crippled.
He has no power or influence as Bruce Wayne anymore.
Countless other reasons.

It's just a messy idea all round.

I don't know. ..
But you loved this idea all year LOL.

Leaving the trilogy as it is would be smart. If they really want this leading into a Justice League with countless spin-offs, crossovers. Like possibly linking Del Toro's Dark Universe (Constantine, Zatanna, Spectre, Swamp Thing, Deadman) to this. Or Aquaman. A Flash tv series that may bring Arrow in too. Wonder Woman movie. Cyborg or Martian Manhunter in JLA...the best thing to do is leave the trilogy behind. Reboot Batman. Make him younger. Take from the Arkham tone. Start a solo franchise for Bats with Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Black Mask, Harley Quinn, Dick Grayson.

But if WB are shaky with Justice League. Not doing a Flash movie ever, but doing a smallville type thing with Flash on tv where that actor and character stays, along with Arrow. Never tying to Snyder's universe. Then Bale should come back. Maybe a World's Finest and a Trinity is enough for WB now. It's going to make the same money as a Justice League would. The GA will probably enjoy Bats/Supes and understand it better than JLA anyway.

Last edited:
Please tell me how Batman/Bruce is still a cripple, if he was able to jump out of the pit (without a brace or any technology) which only one other person ever did? :dry: I assumed that the brace FIXED his leg, as opposed to just being something he wears to give him edge. He jumped without it afterall.

Seriosuly, we don't need a stupid JL movie. World's Finest will make more than enough money and than they'll have MOS 2 solo sequels, do WW, then do Trinity. BOOM, enough mula without all of the hassle of trying to juggle while respecting every dark JL character.

My question is, why does everyone (even Goyer it seems lol) act like a world pre-alien invasion with Batman trilogy, can't be brought into the "superhero" realm by showing them deal with this revelation that "others" outside of the human race exist? If Lois could figure out who Superman is, I'm sure the brilliant detective that Wayne is could as well. I'm sure he'd want to be sure that this god like figure is trust worthy for the sake of the world.

Come on Nolan, it's your birthday... have Snyder unveil Bale is back and make one huge Earth size party happen.

If they don't get Bale back I admit that they do need to get an exciting, to the GA, replacement. Not some lunk head like Joe M or some other lame actor. I like and respect Snyder and do not believe that he would cast Batman solely based on how "badass" an actor looked nor do I believe WB would allow him to.

I'm starring to firmly come the the conclusion that WB is not going to get some random from an HBO show, I believe the actor will be somewhat known. You cannot replace Bale with some lame dude.

I'm saying the stuff from MOS happened AFTER TDKR, so it would be easy enough for Bruce Wayne to come back and check out the destruction as well as this "Superman" alien being.

I know but does it say anywhere in MoS when it takes place. Cause TDKR roughly took place in 2014 so if it suddenly says in MoS "2013" the timelines wouldn't add up. Or we could just ignore all that.

I know but does it say anywhere in MoS when it takes place. Cause TDKR roughly took place in 2014 so if it suddenly says in MoS "2013" the timelines wouldn't add up. Or we could just ignore all that.

I don't remember there being an exact date for either film. Also the general public knows MOS came out after TDKR, so associating the timeline as happening after Bruce leaves is plausible from that perspective.

If they don't get Bale back I admit that they do need to get an exciting, to the GA, replacement. Not some lunk head like Joe M or some other lame actor. I like and respect Snyder and do not believe that he would cast Batman solely based on how "badass" an actor looked nor do I believe WB would allow him to.

I'm starring to firmly come the the conclusion that WB is not going to get some random from an HBO show, I believe the actor will be somewhat known. You cannot replace Bale with some lame dude.

True story, sadly there is no one that comes to mind so I super scared for that actually happening.

I don't remember there being an exact date for either film. Also the general public knows MOS came out after TDKR, so associating the timeline as happening after Bruce leaves is plausible from that perspective.

Nolan never specifies specific dates for this reason alone, it bottles it up. Dates from the Gotham Times newspapers (TDK), zoomed in freezeframe of the bank vault (TDK) and an obscure set museum map advertisement no one saw in the film (TDKRises) is adamant to the MOS timeline.

I think a rebooted Batman is for the best but I'd be lying if I say that the idea of both Bale and Hathaway returning is not super exciting.

If he wins, will he ask his BFF Malick to direct it? :hehe:

God,no! :csad:
I hated Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. And I want a new Batman,not Bale anymore,please! Even if the new Batman is not Fassbender but another actor.
I don´t like the idea of Bale returning(and much less Anne Hathaway),sorry. :csad:

Seriosuly, we don't need a stupid JL movie. World's Finest will make more than enough money and than they'll have MOS 2 solo sequels, do WW, then do Trinity. BOOM, enough mula without all of the hassle of trying to juggle while respecting every dark JL character.

Agree on this. The grand plan of all threads in WB's DC output being woven towards the rather unimaginative objective of just getting all the characters in one movie is pretty boring.

Ill elaborate on what I said before about the GA not caring about JL or the studio even because Bats/Supes and possibly a Trinity film is just as appealing and will make just as much money. I actually find myself not caring about JL anymore since World's Finest has been announced.

A trinity film is no Justice League to the fans, but these movies are mainly made for non fans anyway. SO, people walking in a cinema to see Wondy, Bats and Supes is practically the same for the general public. Just theyre not getting Green Lantern, Flash or Aquaman. Do non-fans really care if they don't see those characters? Well right now they don't care about Green Lantern or Aquaman. I don't think the studio gives a rats ass about GL anyway.

This is how I see it. Flash on tv is Warner's way of testing things. If it's a success they may recast or whatever and bring him into JLA, if it fails then bye bye that character and Justice League.

Maybe they can have Flash on tv. Arrow on tv. Connected worlds. Aquaman movie DOWN THE ROAD, in its own universe. Dark Universe by Guillermo Del Toro, own universe. Superman, Batman and maybe Wonder Woman in one universe (Bale, Cavill).

Just get these characters out there. they all don't have to link together.

Exactly!

TDKR is 2016. It ends in early 2017.

Didn't Goyer/Snyder already announce that it is a NEW Batman? Isn't this whole discussion and argument moot?

Didn't Goyer/Snyder already announce that it is a NEW Batman? Isn't this whole discussion and argument moot?

There is so much double talk that I don't always count the blurbs from interviews with Nolan/Goyer/Snyder. So people rightfully still speculate.

Yeah but if Bale was coming back, I'm sure that would be signed and sealed before they even announced this. Unless they REALLY are just winging it step by step.

I think you save that for another announcement personally. I'm not saying he is locked up 100% but it would be another big announcement for sure.

Yeah but if Bale was coming back, I'm sure that would be signed and sealed before they even announced this. Unless they REALLY are just winging it step by step.

And it could already be and it's their best kept secret. You never know.....

There is so much double talk that I don't always count the blurbs from interviews with Nolan/Goyer/Snyder. So people rightfully still speculate.
"New Batman" isnt double speak .
It isnt Bale .

I doubt it. I'm 99.999999 percent sure that the Bale Batman is done.

And I''m happier if he stays that way. Let the trilogy be.

Mixed feelings about a possible Bale return for sure. I love TDKT and I love how TDKR ended it all for Bruce, how much the trilogy works as a complete story. I wouldn't like that being undermined or overhauled.

But; Bale and Cavill as Bats and Supes together on the big screen? I would die of excitement, I won't lie.

The least hurting in universe solution I can come up with is Bruce returning as a Batman more focused on bigger affairs with Supes and JL, while Robin becomes Nightwing and takes care of Gotham.

And guys let's keep this in mind. When Bale was quoted in EW last month he didn't exactly say the words "I wouldn't do that!" He just maintained his stance on being finished with the role now that the trilogy has reached it's conclusion. When questioned about JL he's all "Oh I don't know about that one. I have no knowledge. I have no information. I heard it's something they may do." Remember Cavill was interviewed in San Diego before the announcement still maintaining that he knew nothing, and with hours the Batman/Superman announcement was made. Point is....these guys lie to protect valuable secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"