• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baywatch: The movie! - Part 1

I think this will just bring up "90s failures" with this and Power Rangers flopping.

Kind of figured this one would be a dud.

Rock I love ya man, but what are you doing?
ckIDKD7.png

You're better than this

Since The Rock is happy with the box office,
He doesn't need my money.
Good to know.

This is the first movie he's really headlined in awhile. The last few movies he's been in has been part of an ensemble. I think he's better served that way.

Anyone remember Hercules?

He's been going full on with the "we made it for the fans! The fans are lovin it!" Stuff on twitter.

This is the first movie he's really headlined in awhile. The last few movies he's been in has been part of an ensemble. I think he's better served that way.

Anyone remember Hercules?
How is this less an ensemble then San Andreas?

The Rock's twitter meltdown over the movie bombing is just preparing us for when he's president.

I think this is the first bomb Rock has had since the Disney days. I see the tweets has a major blow in his pride. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but he is the hardest working actor in Hollywood so I'm not surprised he's ******** like hell about this. But hey, it happens, Rock. You had a great run in a post-movie star Hollywood.

Actors wish they were that lucky.

I wouldn't be so dramatic
I wouldn't say it's a meltdown. I do think it's stupid that he's doing it
I also wouldn't say he "had a great run" I think his run is still going.

This is the first major film released under seven bucks productions. His company made the film I think that's why he's having a hard time with this. If jumanji flops and he does this again... oh boy he might lose a lot of those fans he makes his movies for.

Yeah that might be it This was his first major film production for them

I think this is the first bomb Rock has had since the Disney days. I see the tweets has a major blow in his pride. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but he is the hardest working actor in Hollywood so I'm not surprised he's ******** like hell about this. But hey, it happens, Rock. You had a great run in a post-movie star Hollywood.

Actors wish they were that lucky.
You base this on what exactly?

I wouldn't be so dramatic
I wouldn't say it's a meltdown. I do think it's stupid that he's doing it
I also wouldn't say he "had a great run" I think his run is still going.

A great run meaning the consecutive successes of his films. This will be the first legitimate bomb post-Disney since Faster if I remember correctly.

A great run meaning the consecutive successes of his films. This will be the first legitimate bomb post-Disney since Faster if I remember correctly.
Empire State and Hercules lost money. And he better get use to disappointment, because Jumanji is probably going to fail as well.

The dude works all year long. That's what I base it on.
Plenty of actors do this. Like all television actors. He isn't exactly Christian Bale out there killing himself to change his body for roles. :funny:

Plenty of actors do this. Like all television actors. He isn't exactly Christian Bale out there killing himself to change his body for roles. :funny:

LOL

What point are you trying to make again? He has 3 films and a television show in 2017.

His output.

It's kinda the joke. He films back to back to back, signs on to films every week . It's like the whole "hardest working man in show business" thingy

Exactly. He's the Guillermo Del Toro of actors except he actually puts out some work.

Empire State and Hercules lost money. And he better get use to disappointment, because Jumanji is probably going to fail as well.

Actually read my post. Keyword: bomb. Hercules underperformed. It didn't bomb. And Empire State was a VOD release. I didn't even know what that was until I googled it.

Actually read my post. Keyword: bomb. Hercules underperformed. It didn't bomb. And Empire State was a VOD release. I didn't even know what that was until I googled it.
It lost money. There is a reason there is no sequel. If you lose money on a 100m movie, that is failure.

That he clearly isn't the "hardest working actor in Hollywood". All the leads of the CW superhero shows will spend more days on set. :funny:

Working on a season of a television show is harder than working on 3 films, 1 season of a television show, and their promotion tours in the same given year?

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, Darth.

:lmao:

It lost money. There is a reason there is no sequel. If you lose money on a 100m movie, that is failure.

I said bomb. Why are you trying to prove me wrong? You're just salty as hell this Sunday morning.

:hehe:

Working on a season of a television show is harder than working on 3 films, 1 season of a television show, and their promotion tours in the same given year?

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, Darth.

:lmao:
You clearly have never followed Doctor Who. The Rock might not survive a season of filming that .:cwink:

When do you think he filmed these movies exactly? He filmed Fast 8 and Baywatch in the first half of last year, mainly as he isn't the focus of the Fast series. He then filmed Jumanji in the Fall. Probably filmed Ballers earlier this year. He has one film scheduled for next year, Rampage. It is filming now.

I get being a fan of the Rock, I am. But you said something rather ridiculous. He isn't making the Machinist. He isn't doing Broadway. He is being the Rock in a lot of movies. Which is a lot of fun to watch, but come on. He isn't out there making the Lord of the Rings. Filming Baywatch and Jumanji aren't going to wreck him. He isn't Benedict Cumberbatch, doing so much work on film, television, and stage, that they literally have to wait multiple years to make new seasons of Sherlock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"