• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best of the Disney Renaissance?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Disney experienced great success throughout the 90s with movies like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Tarzan. Which of the films during this era is your favorite?

The Lion King > Aladdin > The Little Mermaid > Beauty and the Beast > Mulan > Rescuers.

I could care less about Pocahontas, Tarzan, Hercules, and Hunchback.

The Lion King gets my vote :woot:

If I had to rank them....

1. The Lion King
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin
4. Mulan
5. Tarzan
6. Hercules
7. Hunchback of Notre Dame
8. The Little Mermaid
9. Pocahontas (boring)

I've never seen the Rescuers Down Under.

Most of these films are filled with hidden sexual images:up:

Hmm, maybe Aladdin or Lion King. I love the imagry of Aladdin. The opening scene is still great. And lion King has always been good.

Lion King, followed shortly by Beauty and the Beast, then Hercules.

Great topic Sawyer :up:

And for me it's Beauty and the Beast, no contest. As a kid I adored the hell out of this film, but as an adult it hits all the right notes. It's a romance without being too schmaltzy, the songs are used well, the humour is cute, and the action scenes are great.

For worst I would have to say Tarzan, Pochahontas, or Hunchback.

1. Little Mermaid
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin
4. Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Mulan
6. Hercules
7. Pocahontas
8. The Lion King
9. Rescuers Down Under
10. Tarzan

Lion King at number 8? That is blasphemy.

It's an overrated ripoff.:o

It did have a few kickass songs though.

1. The Lion King
2. beauty and the beast
3. A little mermaid
4. Aladdin
5. Mulan
6. Tarzan

If you could describe my childhood with two movies, it would be the Lion King and Tarzan. But, being older I realized that Tarzan isn't that great of a movie, but I have fond memories of it. Also, I love Beauty and the Beast.

From Pocahontas onward, it was just all downhill. That said...I'm having a mighty tough time deciding between Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King. Let's just lump them all together at number 1 and go from there.

From Pocahontas onward, it was just all downhill. That said...I'm having a mighty tough time deciding between Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King. Let's just lump them all together at number 1 and go from there.

I liked Mulan.... :csad:

The Lion King. I rate it as my all time favourite film. AND YES ABOVE THE DARK KNIGHT!!!

The Lion King is my fav animated film of all time. Beauty and the Beast is not far from it.

Damn, two on one. But either way, Mulan doesn't come close to topping the greatness that is Aladdin. Or Beauty and the Beast. I'm sure we all know a Gaston in real-life...and talking tea pots. I've seen some of those before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"