• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryan Fuller to remake The Munsters for NBC

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/29/nbc-and-bryan-fuller-the-munsters/
Exclusive: NBC and Bryan Fuller remaking 'The Munsters'
by Michael Ausiello and Andy Patrick
Categories: News, Scoop

Consider this an early Halloween present from me to you: Pushing Daisies mastermind Bryan Fuller is toiling away on a modern-day reboot of the creepshow classic The Munsters!

So far, NBC, with whom Fuller has an overall deal, has only ordered a pilot. But since the potential series is being described to me as “Modern Family meets True Blood,” I have a good feeling about it.

Not only that, but rumor has it no less than Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy) is eyeing a behind the scenes role in the project.

So, um, once you’ve picked your jaw up off the floor, let’s see the synonyms for “amazing” you come up with to describe the very notion of this show below.

Normally I would either...
A. Have no interest in such a remake or
B. Be concerned about how badly this could turn out...

But damn if Bryan Fuller isn't a great person to have behind this. I guess time will tell. :up:

Hopefully they have a modern take on the classic theme, like Hawaii 5-0.

And Brad Garrett for Herman Munster!

Eh. Depends on what they are going for. Fuller and Chenoweth worked gold before, they can do it again.

Eh, I'll watch, but there is no way they will top the original.

I can't imagine any actor being as lovable as Fred Gwynne was as Herman.

Interesting. Im still waiting for a new Addams family show, Fuller couldve done wonders with that.

This is going to be terrible. The charm of the Munsters was the cast. And being as we're going to wind up with Brad Garrett as Herman (guaranteed), this just won't end well.

This is going to be terrible. The charm of the Munsters was the cast. And being as we're going to wind up with Brad Garrett as Herman (guaranteed), this just won't end well.

I gotta agree. The original Munsters should be the ONLY Munsters. My feelings upon reading this can be summed up with this: :dry::dry::dry:

Exactly. I mean, if this was some other no name TV writer behind this, I would have no interest, but Bryan ****ing Fuller! If there's one guy in the world who could make this work, it's him.

GUILLERMO DEL TORO!!!!!!

That's the only reason I'd watch.

Bryan Fuller makes great stuff.

unfortunately none of his shows have really been super successful.

But I love everything he does. Dead like me, Wonderfalls, Pushing daisies. not to mention he was the only good thing about heroes, that is when he was apart of heroes.

Which was mostly season 1 aka the only good season of Heroes.

or just company man.

the only REALLY good episode in that show.

but what Im trying to say is sure All of fullers shows have been great but they've never really appealed to a large scale audience.

Yeah, but the difference here is that The Munsters is already a pretty well known series.

I'm down with this. People are acting like the Munsters was a work of art. It was an enjoyable show but it wasn't great. I have bad memories of that one 60's boy band episode. Jesus Christ that was awful.

So I'm looking forward to seeing how they will modernize this. It could surprise us.

I'm sorry, but Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis are just irreplaceable, as Herman and Grandpa respectively, in the hearts and minds of the masses.

Plus... this is just a stupid idea!

i'lll watch it. i hope it they don'tmake it too scary theydid have some munters moive that werer in color. so i hope its good.i never thoguth i liked hawie fiveo i liked ita lot. i never really cared for the addams family much. i think hallmark channel is going to have munsters holween marthornon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"