• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Arrowverse General CRISIS on Infinite Earths - 5 show crossover (TAG SPOILERS!)

Just read the comic tie-in for this, Crisis on Infinite Earths: Paragons Rising. Anybody else here read it?

The live action crossover was bad enough...paired with them ensuring that Felicity was important to it in the comic tie-in while leaving out Laurel.....I passed on reading it.

I didn't care much about Felicity's storyline in the Crisis comic tie-in. I cared more about the Superman one with the Infinite Luthors.

Reminder: This particular panel will now be part of the second weekend of DC FanDome, scheduled for Saturday, September 12 (three weeks from today), and will be located in the InsiderVerse.
Is this just going to be a retrospective on last year's crossover, or is there something else Crisis-related on the horizon?

Is this just going to be a retrospective on last year's crossover, or is there something else Crisis-related on the horizon?

It’ll be a retrospective no doubt but Guggenheim has said there’ll be a fun surprise.

With some visual tweaks, this could have been a good sequence to use showing the DCEU Barry learning that the Multi-Verse had been destroyed.

tenor.gif

79c0370ea5d15b6da4ae62f9b6f362e168fce498.gifv

And then Barry would end up at Star Labs with... "Barry".

8a83df34f096394311f9ea3696db693fde88f6fe.gif

Last edited:
As well as (or maybe instead of?) the tie-in Crisis comic, I thought they might have released a tie-in animation (along the lines of the Vixen and Freedom Fighters: The Ray animations they released a little while back). Anybody know if they plan on doing any more CWverse animated tie-ins?

Seeing Brandon Routh as Superman is the reason why I can't honestly support WB or the current DCEU projects. They really screwed up by not keeping him as Superman.

It's now been 14 years since his Superman film. You could have had an MCU's worth of Superman content by now. And here we are with fans are on Twitter desperately begging WB for a Superman film that likely won't come for another 5 years at least...

It's such a waste.

I'm not a fan of Superman Returns but I agree Routh was excellent in the role. I'd love to have seen him stick with it long enough to put more of his own spin on it, rather than having to be Reeve-lite.

Superman Returns was a terrible movie, it bombed hard at the box office, it is tied up in a half assed homage to the Reeve films, there are some gross people associated with it (Spacey and Singer), and its Superman is a creep who uses x-ray vision and super hearing to stalk his ex then wrecks her family. It's no mystery why DC doesn't want to remind people of it. Regardless of the merits of Routh's individual performance, his movie was a complete failure and DC wasn't going to try to build a cinematic universe off of a failure. You're nuts if you think they went through the trouble of rebooting the movies and recasting Superman if they thought for a second a Returns sequel would succeed.

Man of Steel wasn't great either but at least it made money and doesn't have two child molesters associated closely with it.

Man of Steel actually didn't make that much money.

It had an 11% Return on Investment theatrically.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Frobcain%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2FEst-profit-and-loss-superhero.jpg

This is the real reason why there's been no movement on a solo Superman sequel by WB.

Man of Steel actually didn't make that much money.

It had an 11% Return on Investment theatrically.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Frobcain%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2FEst-profit-and-loss-superhero.jpg

This is the real reason why there's been no movement on a solo Superman sequel by WB.
That's true, but it still did much better than Superman Returns or Superman IV. Then Batman vs Superman did even better, despite horrible reviews. Then Justice League bombed hard, as we all know, but even that did better than Superman Returns.

Batman V Superman's ROI wasn't that great either. It opened big but then had record drop-off rates.

It was less profitable than Ant-Man.. yikes. I'm not surprised WB went into panic mode and tried to course correct after it. Their investors would have been livid.

Seeing Brandon Routh as Superman is the reason why I can't honestly support WB or the current DCEU projects. They really screwed up by not keeping him as Superman.

It's now been 14 years since his Superman film. You could have had an MCU's worth of Superman content by now. And here we are with fans are on Twitter desperately begging WB for a Superman film that likely won't come for another 5 years at least...

It's such a waste.

It’s probably for the best, actually. The sequel wouldn't have been that good. They were gonna have Superman kill his own son.

Ironically he’s actually got more chance of coming back now in something better because he never did a sequel

Brandon Routh has options to appear in the Flashpoint movie or possibly appear in Stargirl.

Are they ever going to release the deleted scenes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"