• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I would like Alicia to not sound like she has a lifelong two pack a day smoking habit. I thought Lyonne was great in Poker Face, but I find her voice to be quite unpleasant.

An actual blind actress would be great, but I don't know if there is a large pool from which to pick.

I’d LOVE to see Thundra at some point, but I’d hope they’d cast a woman with some muscle.

… and John Malkovich as Wizard for a Frightful Four side story.🤔

But realistically, 90% of the cast will probably be playing characters not in the comics, so she could, for example, be someone at NASA.
I haven't seen him lately, but that dude is awesome....he just wasn't very good in Rounders. ;)

EDIT....or Of Mice and Men or Dangerous Liaisons or.......

Rahul would've been brilliant. However...the internet also would've lost its mind if Rahul had been cast as Reed Richards. Pedro is having a rough go of it as it is due to his "complexion". People are so close-minded and agenda-driven these days and it's truly unfortunate.

Rahul was so fun in Boltgun. We really missed out
Plus, he's already got a sort-of doctor background based on iZombie! A stretch- ha- but I'll take what I can get.

tumblr_nnjqueDQRh1rtvheio3_500.gif

Typical clickbait headline blowing things way out of proportion:

IMG_1442.jpeg

Also, keep in mind this was one of the websites responsible for using misleading clickbait headlines during the SAG-AFTRA strike to attempt to sow division amongst the actors and make them look like unreasonable greedy chumps asking for too much money. They’re just doing the same thing here, but on a much smaller scale.

A lot of the writers of these articles still have it out for these actors and aren’t even trying to be unbiased or say anything in good faith. Just taking an actor’s quote out of context to create controversy for job security, nothing more.

View attachment 91918

Also, keep in mind this was one of the websites responsible for using misleading clickbait headlines during the SAG-AFTRA strike to attempt to sow division amongst the actors and make them look like unreasonable greedy chumps asking for too much money. They’re just doing the same thing here, but on a much smaller scale.

A lot of the writers of these articles still have it out for these actors and aren’t even trying to be unbiased or say anything in good faith. Just taking an actor’s quote out of context to create controversy for job security, nothing more.
Tbf all the trades were doing that during the strikes. Not that it was a good thing mind you, they were clearly getting all their info from the execs and being extremely onesided with their reporting.

As far as this article goes, I don't see this as going after Rahul but rather just making a story much bigger than it actually was. Either way, regardless of how far he got in the audition process, still would have been cool to see him as Reed.

Last edited:

View attachment 91918

The amount of misquotes I've been seeing lately is crazy, not just talking about film roles. Unfortunate this got as big as it did, good that he clarified things. Thanks for posting @Still Wynning
Tbf all the trades were doing that during the strikes. Not that it was a good thing mind you, they were clearly getting all their info from the execs and being extremely onesided with their reporting.

As far as this article goes, I don't see this as going after Rahul but rather just making a story much bigger than it actually was. Either way, regardless of how far he got in the audition process, still would have been cool to see him as Reed.
I'm totally on the Pascal train (I feel everyone is going to knock it out of park really) but yeah I think he would have aced it.

Not movie related but worth noting mobile game Marvel Future Fight's next update will be about the Fantastic Four. Franklin and Valeria (rumored to be in this) will be the new playable characters along with the new "Multiverse Saga" game mode which is against Doom.

Trailer 👇

Art - they never miss!

GPriZywaQAANW0D.jpg

Yeah, considering nearly every major character in the MCU has red in their costume, let’s not force it on the FF too.😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"