• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guns

The fundamental right of law abiding citizens should never be abridged. Thomas Jefferson even has quotes stating such a fact as he believed the people should be armed in the face of the potential that the government should become a totalitarian regime. Judging from his writings, he feared that things such as Hitler's rise to power in Germany or the fist tightening of the USSR might happen in the US, and that the people should be armed so they could rise up and prevent such injustice. Such a thing has never happened, but you never know...

Now I am not the conspiracy/anti-evil government type, but I'm just saying that is what one founding father had indicated.

The other thing, is look at those major gun crimes that have happened recently (VA Tech, NIU, VonMauer in Omaha) all of them (and the other major incidents like Columbine) were committed by people who got their guns illegally. Following normal channels, they would not have been allowed to purchase the firearms, but they subverted the system and got them anyway. The same would be true with an all out ban on guns. The bad guys would still get them, and decent law abiding citizens would not.

I won't even get into the idea of concealed carry permits and the like, but basically, its asinine to think that the right to bear arms should be abridged.

The fundamental right of law abiding citizens should never be abridged. Thomas Jefferson even has quotes stating such a fact as he believed the people should be armed in the face of the potential that the government should become a totalitarian regime. Judging from his writings, he feared that things such as Hitler's rise to power in Germany or the fist tightening of the USSR might happen in the US, and that the people should be armed so they could rise up and prevent such injustice. Such a thing has never happened, but you never know...

Now I am not the conspiracy/anti-evil government type, but I'm just saying that is what one founding father had indicated.

The other thing, is look at those major gun crimes that have happened recently (VA Tech, NIU, VonMauer in Omaha) all of them (and the other major incidents like Columbine) were committed by people who got their guns illegally. Following normal channels, they would not have been allowed to purchase the firearms, but they subverted the system and got them anyway. The same would be true with an all out ban on guns. The bad guys would still get them, and decent law abiding citizens would not.

I won't even get into the idea of concealed carry permits and the like, but basically, its asinine to think that the right to bear arms should be abridged.

I thought the psycho at VA Tech got his guns legally. I almost positive I remember hearing that.

I'm not pro or anti gun, I really don't care one way or the another. I don't think I'll ever buy a gun, but if someone does want to buy a gun they will whether it's through legal means or illegal. Humans will always find a way to kill each other.

I thought the psycho at VA Tech got his guns legally. I almost positive I remember hearing that.

He got his guns from a licensed gun dealer, but the dealer failed to do the proper background checks as required by law.

Not to completely derail the thread here, but does anyone else see irony in a thread titled "Guns" by a user named "Bullets" ?

Who has recently been shot....

I do believe in the second ammendment . However there must be a screening process. It's a scary thought because even that isn't fail-safe.

What happened to me was a crime and the gun was bought illegally . In my line of work I am required to carry a weapon . I had spent the day at a gun range the day I came up with my username.

My dad has a pistol that he'll give me when i'm old enough to have a family and a house for obvious reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"