Have you ever lost a tooth? (Not Baby Teeth)

StrainedEyes

All the way up it!
Reaction score
In April, I had to have my upper front tooth removed because appearently the nerve inside went haywire and was eating it away from the inside. I still don't really understand, but whenever I used it to bite, it felt like it was going to snap off.

So they had to smash it out (Awful experience) and after a few months of healing, Today they opened it back up, drilled a hole in my bone and screwed in the metal implant (I never want to feel like wood furniture again). And after a few months of healing I will finally have a tooth again.

Has anyone had to have a tooth removed/replaced?

I had to have a wisdom tooth that was impacted removed, and I currently have about half of one tooth missing on the upper middle right side of my mouth due to the filling coming and taking part of the enamel with it.

I had to have 1 tooth removed - root canal.

My younger sister had to have all her wisdom teeth removed and another tooth that wouldn't stop growing. She had to get some of the wisdom teeth removed a second time because they grew back.

I had to have a tooth removed and replaced once, sucked real bad, but I was able to get it removed and replaced within two weeks. Why is it taking you several months?

In April, I had to have my upper front tooth removed because appearently the nerve inside went haywire and was eating it away from the inside. I still don't really understand, but whenever I used it to bite, it felt like it was going to snap off.

So they had to smash it out (Awful experience) and after a few months of healing, Today they opened it back up, drilled a hole in my bone and screwed in the metal implant (I never want to feel like wood furniture again). And after a few months of healing I will finally have a tooth again.

Has anyone had to have a tooth removed/replaced?

That sounds absolutely horrible. I've never lost a tooth, but I have dreams where I loose teeth randomly.

ive had about 8 teeth out, 4 for a brace and all 4 wisdom teeth

I've had my wisdom teeth out.

That was kinda ******, and I found out I was allergic to Percocet.

A real man has dental work done without anesthetic. And when his tears dry, he's got more hair on his balls than Dom Deluise.

No missing teeth here thank god,I'm 31 and still have my wisdom teeth.My twin sister had to have hers removed about 10 years or so ago

had one pulled out for some reason that i don;t really remember...but i'm one of those people that that numbing stuff has no effect whatsoever on...so after 3 jabs of that they decided to pull away...fun day that:up:

I had to have a tooth removed and replaced once, sucked real bad, but I was able to get it removed and replaced within two weeks. Why is it taking you several months?

What kind of replacement was it? Any tooth replacement that requires a dental implant take several months for the metal to mold with the bone. '

I've been living with a 'flipper' in my mouth since may, I actually got used to it. So having to re-deal with the throbbing and stitches after getting used to having no tooth isn't fun at all.

That sounds absolutely horrible. I've never lost a tooth, but I have dreams where I loose teeth randomly.

I always had dreams about my teeth falling out and more often than not crumbling into powder.. My dreams stink. So I always was iffy on teeth problems, I never like them. So having someone with a big piece of metal in my mouth, intentionally pushing on my front tooth until it smashed, wasn't fun.

But, I am finally part machine now, so That Rocks! :word:

yeah I was in a fight i wwas like "YO SUCKA B**CH!! " *POW*" then he went "YOUCRACKA!!" *poP* My tooth went flying and landed in some guys drink. we all had a laugh.

The only teeth I've "lost" are my wisdom teeth.
I wasn't knocked out, and only had novocaine, which started to wear off after the second tooth. One of them was wrapped around my jawbone.

I'm going to have to get all my wisdom teeth taken out soon. :( I am not looking forward to eating through a straw for a week. Oh well.

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled at once because I had insurance and the dentist said might as well get them all out at once so you don't have to deal with it anymore....so I said meh...ok.....he pulled three out fairly easily but one he had to break in pieces.....I think he spent two hours in total with at least an hour only on that tooth.....

After I was done I had no one to pick me up and I couldn't drive because I was drugged, so I decide to walk 6 blocks to get my money back from the insurance. I go to the lady at the desk and she asks how I am and such and how can she help me. I point to my mouth inidicating I can't talk and just give her my papers. So at the end she gives me something to sign and I lean forward to sign and all of a sudden a rush of blood and saliva poored out of my mouth and all over her desk (luckily none got on me). She started freaking out and saying it's ok. I couldn't even say sorry but whatever. I just left and got stuck waiting for a taxi to come by b/c I couldn't call one. That was a fun day, but the brightside I had very little swelling, no bruising, and the pain was nothing.

I'm going to have to get all my wisdom teeth taken out soon. :( I am not looking forward to eating through a straw for a week. Oh well.

I got mine done on the Friday so that I had the weekend to recover. It wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be (or at least in my case). I think I started eating more solid foods by the Monday. However I stayed away from anything hard like chips and such.

I got mine done on the Friday so that I had the weekend to recover. It wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be (or at least in my case). I think I started eating more solid foods by the Monday. However I stayed away from anything hard like chips and such.

Ah. I've been expecting it to be a lot worse for myself since I've gone through a lot tamer dental work (Spacing teeth out with rubber bands between the gaps, palate expander, tightened braces) and they all seemed to hurt for a week or two after I first got them done. However, I've been hearing that recovery time for this procedure is relatively quick, so here's hoping. :yay:

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once. The only problem I had from it was a dry socket (Which sucks). They had to stuff gauze into the hole to get it to clot properly. The worst taste I ever tasted came from that hole. It was like nerve juice or something.

I have a fractured tooth from a skateboarding accident

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once. The only problem I had from it was a dry socket (Which sucks). They had to stuff gauze into the hole to get it to clot properly. The worst taste I ever tasted came from that hole. It was like nerve juice or something.

Really? I loved it. The taste. No problems for me though, had all 4 sawed off while I was knocked out, stuffed my mouth with gauze, when I got home put ice packs on my face to stop swelling, passed out, then kept stuffing gauze and ate pudding for the rest of the week.

Pudding diets are the ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"