Helldivers

Well, I guess it's all over now. Goodbye, Helldivers 2.
Corporate Greed never fails to ruin any fun we have.
Corporations always want to squeeze more from us, be it money or information...its never enough.

Coordinated Pushback from the Community...the Consumer showing his strength...you love to see it.
Unfortunately only a single case.

The Gaming Community sadly is a rather selfish and weak minded one that throws each other under the bus instead of building a wall in front of it.

If we would band together, we could easily turn things around.
DLC would be less greedy, Games would come out finished because nobody would buy pre-order and early access, games would be better, paying 80 bucks the year to even play online would not exist etc.

Its crazy how Industries managed to trick the consumer that they have no power and just need to accept what they are given, instead of the reality that Companies like Sony...need us far more than we do them.

Coordinated Pushback from the Community...the Consumer showing his strength...you love to see it.
Unfortunately only a single case.

The Gaming Community sadly is a rather selfish and weak minded one that throws each other under the bus instead of building a wall in front of it.

If we would band together, we could easily turn things around.
DLC would be less greedy, Games would come out finished because nobody would buy pre-order and early access, games would be better, paying 80 bucks the year to even play online would not exist etc.

Its crazy how Industries managed to trick the consumer that they have no power and just need to accept what they are given, instead of the reality that Companies like Sony...need us far more than we do them.
exactly. they didn't reverse this decision from the kindness of their hearts. they reversed it because they saw how very clearly they had to do it.

now to be fair, Sony did have in the trailers of the game and on the Steam page long before the game released that you will have to link a PsN account to the Steam account if you're playing on PC. they made it optional close to the beginning of the game's release due to the myriad of technical issues.

however, if they always planned to make it mandatory, then why were they selling the game on Steam in places where PsN is not even available? and on top of that, with playstation being the biggest video game brand worldwide, why in the world are they still not supporting more regions? it's absolutely not fair to people in those regions who pay money to play their games.

what they should have done is kept the PsN linkage optional, but just make optional incentives like matchmaking with crossplay only possible with linkage, or cross progression only possible with linkage.

now just because they reversed the decision, doesn't mean the damage can be undone, because it's already done. they won't recover from this.

Mystic Ryan did a video about it

Been following this the last few days. What a ****show from Sony... :doh:
yup. and the worst part is, is that this stain is going to follow them. Ghost of Tsushima on PC is gonna release soon and everyone assumed that they were gonna require a PsN login for its multiplayer too. now whether there are server issues or any issues or whatever, the whole PC community is goin to point all of their fingers at Helldivers 2 and continue refusing.

also I don't think this matters anymore because sales will probably begin to plummet now

yup. and the worst part is, is that this stain is going to follow them. Ghost of Tsushima on PC is gonna release soon and everyone assumed that they were gonna require a PsN login for its multiplayer too. now whether there are server issues or any issues or whatever, the whole PC community is goin to point all of their fingers at Helldivers 2 and continue refusing.
Yeah, PSN will be required for the multiplayer mode but I reckon a lot of PC players, including myself, just don't care about MP when it comes to Sony's first-party titles especially a single-player focused game like GoT.

Yeah, PSN will be required for the multiplayer mode but I reckon a lot of PC players, including myself, just don't care about MP when it comes to Sony's first-party titles especially a single-player focused game like GoT.
most don't, but there will be a subset of the population who do. and of that subset, there is the potential for another controversy which will involve pointing fingers at the situation that ensured with Helldivers 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"