Homeland - Part 1

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=78265
Source: Showtime
June 1, 2011

homelandcasting.jpg

Morena Baccarin ("V," "Firefly") has signed on to star in a major role opposite Claire Danes and Damian Lewis in Showtime's new, one-hour drama series "Homeland." Baccarin will play the role of Jessica Brody, Sgt. Nick Brody's (Lewis) intrepid and complicated wife. "Homeland" begins production this month and will be executive produced by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, who recently served as executive producers on the long-running series "24."

"Homeland," which was written by Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Gideon Raff, centers on an American soldier (Lewis) taken prisoner during the Iraq invasion in 2003. Left for dead, he miraculously returns to the U.S. after years in captivity. Carrie Anderson (Danes), a driven CIA officer battling her own psychological demons, becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to his rescue was a setup and that this national hero may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil. Patinkin plays Saul, a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie's boss and mentor.

The series is produced by FOX 21.

Sounds potentially intriguing.

Quinn should have just shot Carrie point blank right there in the head & took over as the guy in charge

Damn right. :up:

Logic be damned. I would never forgive Carrie for even thinking of sacrificing Saul just to avenge that boy. :o

It's a tricky thing, though. What would Saul have wanted? Was he so into his job and saving lives that he would have willingly sacrificed his life for it? Tough call.

They have the former head of the CIA (Saul) in their custody who has a wealth of knowledge in his head, and yet they don't torture him for information…:confused:

They have the former head of the CIA (Saul) in their custody who has a wealth of knowledge in his head, and yet they don't torture him for information…:confused:

They some how know that they are being spied on. They are probably dealing with that first

Last edited:
I think that's what they're going to do next.

They should of let Carrie drop that drone. IF her reason was just for revenge than yeah I don't agree with that. However one man's life for that of this terrorist's group future victims seems like no brainer to me. Saul is a patriot and him dying in service of his country seems like a better way to go than as a pawn.

Those last 5 minutes brought many emotions. Can't believe that kid threw a croc at Saul.

Carrie had a real Patrick Bateman moment there in the streets.

When [blackout]Brody[/blackout] showed up I was like

PKtJcAf.gif

I see Claire Danes doesn't want Viola Davis to get that Emmy that easily. :D

Bat**** crazy Carrie is my favorite. So I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

Plus all the Saul scenes were fantastic.

My emotions were dread if they thought could bring that character back.
I had that same fear. I kept saying to myself it had better be a hallucination.....and then it was, thank god. :(

This ep was cool. Carrie hallucinating was wild.

Makes you wonder what they gave her. :p

Best episode this season for me. Saul's dot on the map looked like mine whenever I play CoD.

I really thought [blackout]Saul's going to bite it at this ep. [/blackout]

Geezus this episode! I thought they were really going to go there with Saul, it was horrible to see him get taken again though, I would probably be pissed to if I were in his shoes.

"I was really looking forward to telling those people to go **** themselves, but I don't see that happening now."

I don't like Lockhart, but that was an awesome line he had.

Yeah, i thought the ep was good and Saul was a gonna.

I found it strange that the guy who took Carrie in at the end of the previous ep, would ask who Brody was considering Brody is probably the most famous American Terrorist in the world , and that the guys own intelligence agency already knows heeps about Carrie, thus her relationship with Brody..:confused:

Yeah, i thought the ep was good and Saul was a gonna.

I found it strange that the guy who took Carrie in at the end of the previous ep, would ask who Brody was considering Brody is probably the most famous American Terrorist in the world , and that the guys own intelligence agency already knows heeps about Carrie, thus her relationship with Brody..:confused:
I was wondering about that myself. :( Maybe he just has a bad memory. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"