• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. How would you improve the show?

Lilbaz

Superhero
Reaction score
AOS has improved since the beginning of last season. It is now getting in some good super villains. It's also toughened up a bit and got a bit more edgy. But if you could do something to improve the show, what would it be?

For me I would:

1/ Get some new writers on the show, who know how to do a proper spy thriller. Maybe off of spooks or if they want a family show some off of SG1.
2/ Kill Simmons and let Fitz have a proper breakdown and do something crazy. Experiment with something that cracks his mind. He could be an evil genius. Maybe even take Ward with him and enslave him as a controlled sidekick. (put an explosive in his brain). This would be part of Wards punishment and Fitz could treat him like his *****.
3/ Bring someone on the show who is actually really funny to replace Fitz and Simmons. A proper mad scientist that no-one really likes because he is sarky. Would love Robert Sheehan to be brought in.
4/ Bring in a "that guy". What Ward should have been. A Batman/Wolverine/Hulk, not a team player and doesn't really get on with anyone but is the badest/coolest guy in the group that no-one messes with.
5/ Expand the premise. Introduce space travel etc... SG1 managed it on a similar budget.

Think they are trying some new things bringing in new characters to shake things up. It's also early in the season and there is improvement. We now have a few antagonists (Hydra/Skyes dad/US Military) and will delve further into the Marvel Universe so things could get even better and this could turn into the show we always wanted it to be.

But what are your ideas?

1) Drop the entire cast and crew and disband SHIELD
2) Bring back Sif
3) Rehire Coulson
4) Replace the bus with a van
5) Sif and Coulson drive around in the van solving mysteries
6) Profit

I'd watch it and enjoy it and stop complaining all the damn time. But that's just me. I mean if the show is that bad. stop watching it.

It's at a point where most of my criticisms have diminished, but I'd start by not dicking around with mysteries anymore and no longer stalling them just for the sake of stalling.

1) Drop the entire cast and crew and disband SHIELD
2) Bring back Sif
3) Have her wear a hairband ala' Gwen Stacy
4) Rehire Coulson
5) Replace the bus with a van
6) Paint it purple and green
7) Bring in Lockjaw and an MCU version of the guy from Dazed and Confused
8) Have Gemma come back, only with glasses, that she'll be constantly losing at the worst times
9) They all drive around in the van solving mysteries and being reffered to as "meddling kids"
10) Own the 18-49 demo like a BOSS!

GENIUS!! :woot:

Just don't add Lockjaw's younger cousin Luckyjaw for season 3 and we are golden!

Better directors, hire a director of photography, buy some serious cinematographic equipment to be less TV show and more movie.

Jesus, I've seen parts of the Bosh pilot on Youtube. It's so better than AOS that almost made me cry. And it's an Amazon production, not a F**ing 100mld dollars movie.

Last edited:
AOS has improved since the beginning of last season. It is now getting in some good super villains. It's also toughened up a bit and got a bit more edgy. But if you could do something to improve the show, what would it be?

For me I would:

1/ Get some new writers on the show, who know how to do a proper spy thriller. Maybe off of spooks or if they want a family show some off of SG1.
2/ Kill Simmons and let Fitz have a proper breakdown and do something crazy. Experiment with something that cracks his mind. He could be an evil genius. Maybe even take Ward with him and enslave him as a controlled sidekick. (put an explosive in his brain). This would be part of Wards punishment and Fitz could treat him like his *****.
3/ Bring someone on the show who is actually really funny to replace Fitz and Simmons. A proper mad scientist that no-one really likes because he is sarky. Would love Robert Sheehan to be brought in.
4/ Bring in a "that guy". What Ward should have been. A Batman/Wolverine/Hulk, not a team player and doesn't really get on with anyone but is the badest/coolest guy in the group that no-one messes with.
5/ Expand the premise. Introduce space travel etc... SG1 managed it on a similar budget.

Think they are trying some new things bringing in new characters to shake things up. It's also early in the season and there is improvement. We now have a few antagonists (Hydra/Skyes dad/US Military) and will delve further into the Marvel Universe so things could get even better and this could turn into the show we always wanted it to be.

But what are your ideas?

Even better if this hypothetical "that guy" were an established character from the Marvel Universe rather than some no-name created for the show. Would Quartermaine fit this descriptor?

The show is fine.

the Plot is fine. The effects are fine. the character are finally fine.

but technically you can't say it's fine. Not with some kind of shows that air on cable channels and Netflix. we have to point to the best, not float on mediocrity. Imho we have to move to "house of cards" not float lazy over "Smallville" (always technically speaking)

Kill off Fitz and Simmons and add more action scenes and explosions

I like it just like it is. I was afraid that the focus of the show would move away from character development. It really hasn't.

The shows haven't been "great" this year, but the one thing I learned from the first season was to be patient and let it play out. These people know what they are doing.

hope for getting a more patient fanbase

The show is fine.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the show and would love 2 or more extra seasons, but!

Even though the show has improved I don't think the show has got the balance right and it still seems unsure of the way to go

compare the season 2 pilot to episode 2 of season 2.

The pilot, darker, more action a bad guy that would need an avenger to stop him ( Absorbing man)

Episode 2 - Coulson makes a ridiculous joke about loosening up with yoga and yoga not working.
The absorbing man gets easily stopped by Coulson stabbing him with a disruptor.
The absorbing man shouldn't have been permanently stopped by the disruptor, and if the show wants to go darker, Coulson shouldn't have made that joke.

Finally
With Ward as prisoner the show has the option of adding a little Alias/Black list - but the Skye/Ward interactions are fraught with poor acting or poor writing.

I love this show, but it needs to go full on agents, Bobbi Morse needs to be a permanent member of the team, someone who's awesome enough to match but doesn't get along with May.
Plus the show needs an awesome male field agent, someone who's credibly bad ass

Man, one of these after only two episodes? That's gotta beat last season! Haha. I'll make sure to start the next one up a week before next seasons premier.

So, basically, they should strip out all the humor, have the team lose utterly, throw in some random death. . .

Why is it that whenever this topic comes up, half the suggestions are incredibly juvenile?

I think the show is ok. But it can improve. It is not on the same level as Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, which it should be. Why settle for something less?

I'd watch it and enjoy it and stop complaining all the damn time. But that's just me. I mean if the show is that bad. stop watching it.
Half the fans have taken your advise which is why people constantly ask will it be cancelled. Don't get me wrong, the show thus far has been leaps and bounds better this season than last IMHO. But it can still be improved upon. Someone posing a question about a show should feel free to do so. Especially a new user.

The show is fine.

hope for getting a more patient fanbase

Man, one of these after only two episodes? That's gotta beat last season! Haha. I'll make sure to start the next one up a week before next seasons premier.

So, basically, they should strip out all the humor, have the team lose utterly, throw in some random death. . .

Why is it that whenever this topic comes up, half the suggestions are incredibly juvenile?

Half the fans have taken your advise which is why people constantly ask will it be cancelled. Don't get me wrong, the show thus far has been leaps and bounds better this season than last IMHO. But it can still be improved upon. Someone posing a question about a show should feel free to do so. Especially a new user.

I appreciate that. I also understand that people get annoyed by the criticism. It comes across as negativity.

This is not my intention. I like the show and want it to do well. I see flaws and things that can be improved upon.

I just want the creators of the show to realise that there are flaws and do something about them.

This is an unbelievable opportunity in media (creating a unique universe of both cinema and tv) that should be taken full advantage.

(I will not slag off the show anymore, promise).

Coulson makes a ridiculous joke about loosening up with yoga and yoga not working... Coulson shouldn't have made that joke.

But then it wouldn't be Coulson. Maybe he should be recast by David Caruso. He'd always be serious, then he can pull off the SHIELD sunglasses and make bad puns. :word:
I'm sure ratings would skyrocket...

It's leaps and bounds better then the original several episodes. The only thing I'd ask they improve is Deathlok's outfit, when he returns.

But then it wouldn't be Coulson. Maybe he should be recast by David Caruso. He'd always be serious, then he can pull off the SHIELD sunglasses and make bad puns. :word:
I'm sure ratings would skyrocket...
"he's drowned"
"...incorrect... he's been" sun glasses on "...HYDRAtated"
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH -commercial-

B list super heroes as guest stars, not as regulars. And make them significant characters the GA might know, such as:

Mockingbird
Sam Wilson (Falcon)
Simon Williams (Wonder Man)
Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman)
Wendell Vaughn (Quasar)
Marc Spector (Moon Knight)

And have an origin story that starts on AofS, but the character shows up in a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"