• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

iZombie iZOMBIE Season 1 Episode 13 "Blaine's World" season finale Partytime, excellent

Well that episode got me right in the feels. Major annoys me at times, but he was right to be annoyed with Liv. She knew how he felt about zombies, and did what she did because she couldn't watch him die. She then compounded her mistake by giving him the cure, as it screwed everyone else who is a zombie.

It's not even that as much as standing by with her mouth shut when he thought he was losing his mind. I mean, even Ravi was insisting that it would be better if they let him in the know, and at that point he had only been friends with him for, like, five minutes.

It's not even that as much as standing by with her mouth shut when he thought he was losing his mind. I mean, even Ravi was insisting that it would be better if they let him in the know, and at that point he had only been friends with him for, like, five minutes.
While I agree that is horrible, how Major went about it made the decision no less easier imo. Telling him, not telling him. I felt like Liv was in a no win situation in that regard, so I understand why she didn't do it.

It is good that the show did not drag on and have major not know for six seasons, like smallville did.

They milked the drama of major not knowing -- for twelve episides. Good. Now they can move on to new drama.

As much as I love the show, I have this one small nitpick. The Zombie inconsistency. Is anyone else bothered by that? Early on they establish 2 things. Zombies barely bleed, probably because the blood is already clotting, and they don't feel a lot of pain, as shown by Ravi pulling a bullet out of Liv's heart without any anesthesia.

But then in recent Episodes we get shown how Blaine stabs one of his guys in the neck, and there isn't exactly a small amount of blood, and he's clearly in pain. Next Episode Liv fights Sebastian, gets stabbed twice, and there's barely any blood. Next Episode again, Liv shoots Blaine, and the pain pretty much puts him down, and Suzuki shoots himself in the leg, again clearly in pain, and bleeding enough so he can easily write Blaine's full name on the wall. Suzuki is also limping with a bullet in his leg, while Liv was walking around like nothing happened with a bullet in her heart.

Nathan, i figured the guns used to shoot zombies are deliberately selected to be high quality guns.

Why did Suzuki shoot himself??? Just to get blood?

For his cover story. The guy wanted to go out with some dignity. The cops on the scene think he went out gun blazing. Might seem self serving but overall I think he put the public's safety first. Realizing his brain supply was gone. He opted out instead of going z-mode or killing anymore just to preserve his humanity.

I think Suzuki's death was a major waste of potential for a recurring character. I feel we barely got insight into what was probably a complex, interesting character. What was he like pre-zombie? Since being turned, how far did his corruptness go? What did he feel - going against his oaths and what he was supposed to stand for - while under Blaine's thumb?

Good stuff!

This series was a bit of a sleeper hit for me. It didn't immediately wow me, but there were a couple of instances where I watched 2 to 3 episodes back to back.

I'm interested to see how season 2 develops, particularly with rampaging zombies (unless Blaine keeps up the food distribution services he provided as a zombie, which is entirely likely).

I hope that the Major drama is over. I'm not too bothered about Liv's brother or Peyton. Of the two, I would prefer to see Peyton return although her romance with Ravi felt very forced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"