• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jlu trivia thread

Thats an acceptable answer. Really surprised no one mentioned Tim Drake, who essentially was Jason Todd.

oh....you're right...haha, i just really understood the question

Very close, but Supergirl never really had any aliases aside from Earth Angel and Kara, and the timm version was clearly based off Kara Zor-El.

Ok, since no one else is continuing, here is another trivia question:

How many DCAU episodes have featured onscreen deaths? Name them.

I wanna say 3 but I cant put my finger on which ones.

hmmm....man, that one's tough

This one is tough, but okay, here goes. Now this is just from memory, I wish I had my DVDs with me, I might have been able to come up with more:

Superman - Darkseid taking out the detective (Turpin?)
NA of Batman - Clayface absorbing the little clay girl that Robin befriended
Batman (MOTP) - The Phantasam taking out all those mobsters
JLU - How about Hawkgirl's ex-boyfriend? He died in battle against his enemies...after Starcrossed.
JLU - Solemn Grundy, twice (once by that spirit monster and once by Hawkgirl)
JLU - Wasn't Faust taken out by Hades permanetly?

I would have also said Batgirl dying (but that was a dream thanks to the Scarecrow) and seeing Bruce's parents being killed (but that was a memory). I'm sure there are a couple more that I may have missed.

There's also Black Manta being killed by DeadBatman in Dead Reckoning.

Also, Luthor launching Grodd into space.

D'Oh, I can't believe I missed those two. Those are even newer than the ones I mentioned.

i don't know if it counts, but prof. milo was taken out by doomsday, and aresia is supposed to have died when her plane exploded. btw, the little girl robin befriended wasn't real, she was just a piece of clayface sent out to get help or to lure someone back to where clayface was.

Who was Aresia? I don't remember her.

As for the little girl, yeah, you are right, she was part of Clayface, but doesn't that fact that she could think on her own make her a seperate person altoghether? Maybe she could be considered an off-spring to Clayface?

Oh here's another one:
Batman Beyond: The Ninja Assasin (Ku-rye) started killing all the other assasins since they were after her. In BB she killed the last one forcing Batman to defuse a bomb that the last assasin had planted.

oh, that's true, and in the return of the joker there's also a flashback to when the joker dies. about aresia, i don't remember if her name was aresia, i'll have to check that one, but she was a rogue amazon that attacked the league once, i'll comeback with an answer for that one

Well most of these answers arent on screen deaths, but heavily implied deaths. I recall in the Vertigo of BTAS, they actually showed someone falling to their death and two assassin's committing suicide. Dan Turpin was definitely one. I think we can count the Parademon from Darkseid's omega beam in Destroyer too. Batgirl definitely counts. That scientist from Meltdown was frozen. I can think of alot of deaths in Timmverse, just not that many that the audeince actually saw.

Well, to my knowledge, there are only four genuine onscnreen deaths. jaydawg was very close to naming all of them, but missed one. And they are:
  • Over The Edge/Batgirl
  • Apokolips...Now!/Dan Turpin
  • Twilight/Desaad
  • Destroyer/Parademon
I expected Twilight and Destoyer to be the hardest to recall. Some fans also assert that General Steppenwolf's death in Twilight also counts as an onscreen death, but it could go either way. And as jaydawg said, there have been many, many deaths in the DCAU, but not all of them are totally shown onscreen. I also would have accepted The Joker's death in ROTJ as an answer, but that's not really an episode.

Here's another trivia question:

Which is the first DCAU episode to feature the use of a boom tube? Also, who was the character who activated the boom tube, and who was the first human to travel through one?

omg, you really know your DCAU trivia

and that's also a tough question if i might add, but i believe it was on superman

It was on superman, I know the two people and the episode but I don't remember any of the names so I'll discribe them:

1. Guy with Shakespeare hat first activated the boom tube
2. Leader of Intergang was the first human in the show to travel through it
3. The episode had Intergang get new weapons and Turpin and Superman stop them.

TheGrayGhost said:
You're right on, but I need names!
Episode was "Tools of the Trade". The character who activated the boom tube was Kanto and Bruno Mannheim, whose Intergang had just gained, and lost, Apokolips technology, was the human who went through it, and met Darkseid.

Dread said:
Episode was "Tools of the Trade". The character who activated the boom tube was Kanto and Bruno Mannheim, whose Intergang had just gained, and lost, Apokolips technology, was the human who went through it, and met Darkseid.

Correct.

Alright, here's one, hopefully I cobbled together a question that has a definitive answer.

Besides Supergirl, which member of the JLU does Steel seem to battle alongside more than once during at least three seperate occasions (which span once every JLU season)? These occasions are episodes where Steel either spoke or had a notable animated appearence (i.e., a fight), not a group standing shot or a viewscreen.

Techincally, there are two heroes on JLU that are called Steel (another good trivia question), but I'm certain you're talking about John Henry Irons.

I'm pretty sure that it has to be one of these three leaguers:

Captain Atom
Ice
Dr. Light

But I am going to go with Dr. Light. I seem to remember Steel teaming up with her in "Dark Heart" and "The Great Brain Robbery." Ice is my second choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"