Last TV Show You Watched: The Next Next NEXT Generation! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Last week tonight with John Oliver

Dead Boy Detectives season 1 episode 3 The Case of the Devlin House

t5rMH31.jpeg

Young Sheldon season 7 episode 12 A New Home and a Traditional Texas Torture

CmK3cS6.jpeg

The last new show i watched was Night Court, but mostly i watch reruns of Big Bag Theory and on weekends Cold Justice

Baby Reindeer (Netflix)
20240512_155810.jpg

A thriller black comedy with high emotional intensity. But I must warn though that there is a grooming and a blatantly sexual assault scene in the show (for those who might be emotionally sensitive to this topic)

7.5 /10

Judge Dee's Mystery (Netflix)
20240512_162750.jpg

This show is adapted from the Dutch author Robert van Gulik’s novel of the same name.

the hero of Robert van Gulik’s 'Judge Dee' mystery series, is purportedly based on the historical Dee Renjie (630–700), chancellor of Empress Wu Zetian during the China's Tang Dynasty, who earlier in his career served as a district magistrate, (who solved a lot of unsolves mysterious cases,...simply put, lets just say that he was some kind of Chinese's Sherlock Holmes)

The show includes a total of 9 cases solved, Each case is resolved within the span of around 3 to 4 episodes by the total of 32 episodes.

The show has notably high production values with lavish sets and costumes designed to create an immersive visual experience. The cases are well crafted with attention to detail and pay homage to Judge Dee's reputation as a people's hero; a champion of truth and justice for the common people.

The only nitpick is I feel that somehow the method of solving the cases in the beginning didn't allow room for the audiences' deductions because only after Judge Dee reaches a conclusion, the audience become aware of the importance of the clue. Hence the audience becomes mere spectators to the brilliance of Dee Renjie and not active participants in the case solving.

Ah and one other good thing is...Elaine Zhong is very gorgeous as Empress Wu 🥰

8.5 / 10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"