• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Solicits: July

Darthphere said:
Me too Corp, Hester and Parks too. Either way Falcon must be smoking going up against Sentry.

sam wilson don't take **** from nobody. that's how falcon rolls.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, the new Ant-Man series sounds lame. I'll probably get the first issue to see what it's like because it's Kirkman, though.
Actually, I think it sounds kinda interesting. Might give it a shot.

Shared superhero identities never work. Turbo was incredibly lame until Mickey got killed off.

July looks to be a good month with CIVIL WAR, MTU, YOUNG AVENGERS/RUNAWAYS and so forth.

Ultimate Scorpion, according to the USM cover, looks good, and hopefully Bendis writes him well. Scorp is one of my favorite "underrated, mangled, and mishanded" Spidey-rogues, and if Bendis bungles him, I'll lose the last of my respect for him.

Kirkman's Ult. XM run is coming along, but his "Magician" character better develop a personality soon, because so far he seems a little generic for a "Mary Sue". He gets along with all the X-Men, has a plain costume, and has some moder, invincible power. He's still better than Layla Miller was, at least before PAD. But even Kirkman only has so many issues of grace to flesh out a new character.

Can't wait to see the finale of Millar's UF4 run. Unlike ULTIMATES 2, he manages to get off the soapbox for that book and it is twice as entertaining to read every month. I can only take so much of "kill yourself for being an evil, rotten American" from ULTIMATES 2.

Millar. You can tell the difference because Doom hasn't abducted Johnny and declared himself "the goddamn Dr. Doom" in UFF. :)

TheCorpulent1 said:
Millar. You can tell the difference because Doom hasn't abducted Johnny and declared himself "the goddamn Dr. Doom" in UFF. :)
Yes, yes, I fixed the typo. God damn, I can't make a typo for 5 MINUTES without getting a wisecrack.

heroes fighting other heroes? everything about this event is so freakin lame. never in a million years would captain america fight his allies. ridiculous.

GoldenAgeHero said:
heroes fighting other heroes? everything about this event is so freakin lame. never in a million years would captain america fight his allies. ridiculous.

That's kind of how I feel. But I'm hoping the execution of the idea is good, which is ultimately what matters...most of the time.

GoldenAgeHero said:

Its ok when its E-2 Superman vs regular ol SUperman.:rolleyes:

Good to see Hercules on the cover.

Wow,if the fights are going to be of that magnitude,I will wet my pants.

GoldenAgeHero said:

I know you're anti-Marvel so I can't really take your complaints seriously.

GoldenAgeHero said:
You're absolutely right. Because in the past 60 years of comics, two or more heroes have never come into conflict.

:eyeroll:

GNR4Life said:
I know you're anti-Marvel so I can't really take your complaints seriously.

LOL...thats the exact same thing I thought. I dunno if he really cares and thinks that, or just hates Marvel. I am surprised he didn't mention Infinite Crisis doing cross-overs better.....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"