• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Max Series

Undoubtedly incorrect (and more than a little absurd), but hey, it’s not like we’ve got anything else to talk about…

If this was somehow true, I don't think you cast Mark Strong to be a throwaway character (I don't believe the Falcone casting is accurate). I remember black mask being rumored to appear a long time back. Guess we will see if this is true or not relatively soon.

“Meanwhile, there has been some confusion on the series front about who is the ultimate gatekeeper. Unlike the Marvel-Disney relationship in which Marvel controls the creative process and Disney+ merely releases the content, Max is creatively involved with the DC slate. Gunn and Safran don’t enjoy the same autonomy as Marvel’s Kevin Feige. (A Max source says the collaboration between the DC team and Max executives Sarah Aubrey and Casey Bloys has been seamless, including on the upcoming series “The Penguin,” which was forced to shut down production after the WGA strike began but is expected resume shooting as soon as the SAG-AFTRA strike ends.)“

Seems that they have creative input in non-DCU stuff, like The Penguin. Don't see stuff in the DCU not having Gunn involved. They say its seamless anyway.

That may be a good thing. IMO Marvel is creating countless Disney plus spinoffs and I have just lost interest. They seem to be making the same mistake as they do with comic books constantly trying to make crossover events tie in, instead of focusing on good stories.

Hopefully the Sag strike ends so they can get back into production on this.

Series which shut down production when the writers strike started that are on fast track to resume filming include Max’s Hacks, The Penguin and Welcome to Derry, Peacock’s Hysteria!, and FX’s The Old Man.

Saw a few tweets on The Batman News Twitter account expressing good first impressions.

Still curious who will be directing other than Craig Zobel.

Saw a few tweets on The Batman News Twitter account expressing good first impressions.

Still curious who will be directing other than Craig Zobel.
Good news that it seems like HBO is happy with what they’ve seen so far. I wish they would give us another trailer.

Thank God, since the show is still forever away.

pengy.jpg

need Bock, the GOAT Martinez and Gordon in this show.

No set pics at all this week…? :csad:

Still holding out hope that Giacchino gives Penguin a theme of his own in this series, even if he’s (most likely) not the main composer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"