• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miracleman poll

iloveclones

spooky....
Reaction score
I was wondering if people would be interested in this, if Marvel did it how TMOB layed out:

If Marvel is smart, they'll reprint issues #1 to 24 in a weekly fasion so that we can all get caught up (for those who haven't read the originals) within 6 months and then continue with Gaimen & Buckingham on the highly anticipated issue #25...

And they should keep him seperate from the Marvel Universe... they already have the Sentry...

Make it a MAX book...

God... it's been over 12+ years since I bought Miracleman #24... :o

:yay:

I was going to put a 5th option, "I'd buy it just to stick it to McFarlane" but I didn't want to crash the Hype's server...

I'd say that I'd buy some of it based on what I've heard about the series to see if it's as good as I've heard, but let's not kid ourselves, I haven't bought a comic book in months and I doubt I will be able to anytime soon.

I would probably buy it because of all the good stuff I've heard from it. It was one of those series I always wanted to try, but it's being out of print hurt that

You missed the option for those that already own/have read the original stories. If Buckingham and Gaiman finish their story, I'll be picking it up at that point.

Who the f**k voted "Sounds like the Suck"? YOUSE GUYS SUCK!!!

Alan Moore is a dirty tree wizard.

I could totally see that. His voice kind of seems like it would be used to command the trees.

Since his Marvelman run is kind of like a precursor to Watchmen (and everytime I see or read him talk about Watchmen he seems to be less than caring for it) I wouldn't be surprised if he was totally apathetic towards seeing this again

After reading that interview I can kind of see why he wants to keep his name off of reprints. Giving the dough to the original creator, and not wanting anything to do with all that nonsense he says Marvel and others pulled with the series.

Last edited:
At this point, he comes off as a bitter ass aging anarchist. Disagreeing with everything just to be disagreeing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that he actually is an aging anarchist:oldrazz:

I really do like that one of his reasons for keeping his name off of future reprints is to give his share of royalties to the original creator, who from what's in that, sounds like he was pretty much robbed of that for like half a century. I mean love him or hate him, I think that's pretty darn neat-o

I was kind of wondering myself. I see three people voted, but no one has really alliterated

It's a public poll, so if you click on the poll numbers, it will show who voted for what. Then you can commence with the judging.

Yeah, I know how that, but I mean no one has actually posted a reason or anything, including the three who voted that option. Not looking for 15 page essay attached to a vote or anything, but I am curious why they voted no

Sometimes, people are just contrarians. They hear eveyone saying how great something is, and they're dying to say how great they are for not having anything to do with it. It's the oldest gateway to being cool....mocking.

So the poll is for if we'd buy the reprints? I didn't quite get the wording of it.

If it's the Moore/Gaiman run...if it's cheap, I'd buy them, but I'd rather just get some trades, espicially if they are that damn good.

Oh wow, it actually does. Hah, I didn't even notice. I was thinking reprints, and the finished Gaiman run, too

Well then, that depends entirely upon who is gonna be writing it, and what the premise of said mini is.

The only thing that might make people think "big friggin' deal" is the time frame...

The original Miracleman comics by Moore came out in 1982, reprinted in the US in 1985, which was my first exposure to the character and it blew me away... though comics have become a LOT more darker and grim nowadays, so that stuff from 25+ years ago might not seem so "impressive" to today's readers...

I must admit that Gaimen's stuff was much more "trippy" in comparison to Moore...

I've only read Moore's run myself. That was maybe 3 or 4 years ago and, though I'm very much a PG-13 kind of comicbook fan (don't really read any Max or Vertigo) I couldn't help but to be pulled into that series. After the end of Moore's run I felt like I just read some amazing epic. I heard Gaiman's run wasn't finished and wouldn't be so I never bothered with starting it. No point if it wasn't ever going to be finished.

But unfortunately I sold all my Miracle Man comics to make ends meet, so yeah, I'd buy the reprints if they were done well enough to get the original story again and continue with Gaiman's stuff. Though I hope they skip the issue of Miracle Man that was the crappy Pirate story that had nothing to do with the ongoing story... filler issue or whatever it was.

I ended up grabbing the first 7 issues of Moore's run off Ebay like, a year or two ago, and quite frankly, that business with Kid Miracleman in London? Well, lets just say that stuff went down that would make Garth Ennis blush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"