Next Spyro game wishlist

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok it’s safe to say the Spyro reignitered launch went very well! What should be in the first proper original game in ages?

I definitely love playing as different characters so more of that (like Sheila etc). Plus it would be fun if you could, like, dye Spyro different colours. Make him a bit more individual. Plus a selfie mode would be fun.

Oh and I definitely want them to get rid of the egg chasing missions. I hate them!

And you?

Last edited:
That’s cool! Xbox does need more cute games

That’s cool! Xbox does need more cute games
Speaking of Xbox, I think this thread should be moved to either the Microsoft or misc sections. It doesn't really make sense to be kept here unfortunately

As a big fan of the first trilogy I would love a 'Spyro 4' in the future. The little experience I have with the games after Spyro 3 isn't very great and while I appreciate there are fans of those games, it would be cool with a modern entry into the franchise that follows the Reignited Trilogy.

My only real wishlist is that I have the most fun when I play as Spyro and even though I like Spyro 2 and 3 a lot, it felt like with every new game they got more and more bogged down with the minigames and/or playing as other characters. Just let me play as Spyro and maybe at most you have a recurring thing where you play as Sparx or something. I don't need a rotating set of multiple characters with different abilities.

As a big fan of the first trilogy I would love a 'Spyro 4' in the future. The little experience I have with the games after Spyro 3 isn't very great and while I appreciate there are fans of those games, it would be cool with a modern entry into the franchise that follows the Reignited Trilogy.

My only real wishlist is that I have the most fun when I play as Spyro and even though I like Spyro 2 and 3 a lot, it felt like with every new game they got more and more bogged down with the minigames and/or playing as other characters. Just let me play as Spyro and maybe at most you have a recurring thing where you play as Sparx or something. I don't need a rotating set of multiple characters with different abilities.
I hear you there. but I think even in the original trilogy, you could play as different characters right? some people took that as a sign that Insomniac started running out of ideas.

I hear you there. but I think even in the original trilogy, you could play as different characters right? some people took that as a sign that Insomniac started running out of ideas.
There's some of it in 2 and even more of it in 3 unless I get my memories mixed up. While I would prefer the Spyro 1 route of only playing as Spyro, I would be okay with Spyro 2 where its sprinkled but less enthusiastic if it's as heavily used as in 3.

It was actually a complaint I had with Crash Bandicoot 4 that came out not that long ago. Too much time spent playing other character(s) and it just lost that 'feel' I wanted from the game.

There's some of it in 2 and even more of it in 3 unless I get my memories mixed up. While I would prefer the Spyro 1 route of only playing as Spyro, I would be okay with Spyro 2 where its sprinkled but less enthusiastic if it's as heavily used as in 3.

It was actually a complaint I had with Crash Bandicoot 4 that came out not that long ago. Too much time spent playing other character(s) and it just lost that 'feel' I wanted from the game.
gotcha. I only ever played the first Spyro game, and I just remember watching a Youtube video of the whole series' history talking about how you could play as other characters in the third game and how it may have been a sign.

I felt this way about LittleBigPlanet 3, which introduced a bunch of new playable characters but it meant taking abilities away from the original playable character, Sackboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"