Proof(D12) was shot Dead this morning...

Super_Ludacris said:
Death Metal? Look at all those norweigan rock bands who murder each other and worship satan? That crazy GG Alin guy? How about Dimebag Darrell, no rapper was killed on stage perfroming? Kurt Cobain? Dude damn killed himself.

Try harder, because you'll get beaten up on this subject like I was your little Nephew

Norwegian death metal's deaths probably eclipse rap's. I've heard about a lot of crazy **** from a friend who's big into that stuff.

Punk has a lot of deaths too. GG Allin, Sid Vicious, Steve-O from the Vandals, one of the guys in the Ataris, the drummer of Leftover Crack, Darby Crash...I could go on.

Super_Ludacris said:
Not really, only the mainstream stuff might be negative but if the music sounds good, no one worried about the lyrics

how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
21, it's in my profile.

War Lord said:
It's not likely poverty. A lack of father in most of these homes is a more likely cause. The typical male response, when growing up without an adequate father figure is either to become milquetoast or become a hyper male who responds aggressively to all situations.

Typical response from someone who doesn't understand poverty or growing up with a single mother. The reason is, in my opinion, the systematic oppression of urban youth, regardless of race, in conjunction with the societal push of certain races toward certain genres of music.

It also has to do with people's personalities and friends. It's a lot more personal than the media makes it out to be. It's a culture spread on a person-to-person basis, to a large extent, extended but not created by mass media.

Look, for example, at me vs. my cousin (Lloyd Banks). We were both raised in Queens, NY, surrounded primarily by hip-hop culture. I moved to North Carolina when I was eight, which should, theoretically, have pushed me more toward hip-hop since you get judged more around here for not sticking to their stereotypes. He had a father (and later, a stepfather). He had a big and loving family. I had a loving family as well (although not the same family; he's on my father's side and I didn't meet anyone from that side until I was thirteen or fourteen), but was raised by a single mother. We had, and have, serious financial trouble. Yet he's in rap, and I'm in punk. We just gravitated toward different genres of music. That's all there really is to it.

DDRSkata said:
Typical response from someone who doesn't understand poverty or growing up with a single mother. The reason is, in my opinion, the systematic oppression of urban youth, regardless of race, in conjunction with the societal push of certain races toward certain genres of music.

It also has to do with people's personalities and friends. It's a lot more personal than the media makes it out to be. It's a culture spread on a person-to-person basis, to a large extent, extended but not created by mass media.

Look, for example, at me vs. my cousin (Lloyd Banks). We were both raised in Queens, NY, surrounded primarily by hip-hop culture. I moved to North Carolina when I was eight, which should, theoretically, have pushed me more toward hip-hop since you get judged more around here for not sticking to their stereotypes. He had a father (and later, a stepfather). He had a big and loving family. I had a loving family as well (although not the same family; he's on my father's side and I didn't meet anyone from that side until I was thirteen or fourteen), but was raised by a single mother. We had, and have, serious financial trouble. Yet he's in rap, and I'm in punk. We just gravitated toward different genres of music. That's all there really is to it.

Thank you for underscoring my point.

HEh, well my point was made for me while I was offline but yeah, people choose their stage names, band and otherwise, based on what strike them. Proof got his stagename from a bottle of Vodka that read '80 Proof' so he took that, whatever floats your boat.

War Lord said:
Thank you for underscoring my point.
Let me simplify my point to draw a larger focus on yours.

I was raised by a single mother in a bad financial situation. I am black. I am not into hip-hop. My cousin was not. He is a famous rapper.

DDRSkata said:
Let me simplify my point to draw a larger focus on yours.

I was raised by a single mother in a bad financial situation. I am black. I am not into hip-hop. My cousin was not. He is a famous rapper.

Again, I say.

You can throw the worst at kids and some will come out all right. That is not typical.

What is typical is that kid ends up performing at far below his capabilities, gets into troubles he wouldn't have otherwise and ends up with less of a life than he would have, had he had a father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"