• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rank the current seasons of Comic book tv shows (network not cable)

coluanprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just what the title says! Rank the current seasons of CB television (2016-17). Note: please rank cable series separately as they really are different mediums from network shows.

Here are mine:
1. Agents of SHIELD - the show had a rough first season but starting with episode 16 has really grown. Seasons 2 and 3 had great parts and we're consistently some of the most solid tv on air but never really achieved that amazing high that could be called great. Season four changed that. It's been absolutely phenomenal in both of its arcs so far and just aired a contender for the best do of the series and of genre tv.
2. Arrow - this season has seen a resurgence of quality and constituency with its effective writing and solid acting. A huge improvement over season 3, it built on the better parts of 4 to create one of Arrow's strongest seasons yet.
3. Supergirl - Despite its lack of focus and recent rough patch, Supergirl has transitioned well onto its new home with strong new characters. Particular highlights include the introduction of Superman, Lena Luthor, and Maggie Sawyer; Chris Wood's, Chyler Leigh, and of course Melissa Benoist's acting talents; and the revitalization of the DEO and the slight retcon of National Coty into a center of aliens. Strong story arcs also included the tackling of alien rights to belong and Alex Danver's coming out.
4. Legends of Tomorrow - Despite being marred by simplistic writing and character arcs, Legends has succeeded this season with its strong acting, focus on comic book fun, terrific villains, general fun, and two new characters.
5. The Flash - This show has had a difficult season, despite no outright clunkers, the season has suffered from regressive gender politics, repetitive storylines, and an overall blandness the season can't seem to shake. Highlights include Vibe, Jessie Quick, and a new character from Tom Cavanagh.

Shows not including because they are two new to be ranked for me:
Legion, Riverdale, Powerless

Shows I don't watch:
Gotham, Lucifer, The Walking Dead

Lucifer season 2 - big improvement over season 1, just need them to out Lucifer's secret to Chloe
The Flash season 3 - roughly the same quality as last season, not as good as season 1
Arrow season 5 - leagues better than seasons 3 and 4
Vixen season 2 - big improvement over season 1

Legends of Tomorrow season 2 - this show is dumb as hell but it's so much fun. better than last year.
Supergirl season 2 - Not digging the Jimmy storylines, too much romance all around. Also pretty preachy. Still better than last season.

Powerless season 1 - awful

I don't like Gotham or Agents of SHIELD and I've already dropped Powerless. Haven't seen Riverdale.

iZombie is the best comic book show on TV. We just have to wait for season 3 to start in a few months.

As for cable, I don't watch Walking Dead. So it's pretty much just Legion, which I think is awesome so far, and Preacher, which comes back in a few months also.

1. Agents of Shield- For the most part, the season has been great with Ghost Rider and the LMDs. The LMDs storyline did drag a bit, but yesterday's episode has excited for the next story arc
2. Arrow- Really enjoying the darker feel this season, and Oliver finding his role as mayor. Rene and Dinah are great so far, action sequences are pretty cool! Prometheus is really interesting so far! There are some weak spots, such as Curtis, Artemis and Ragman being underdeveloped, and Thea missing in certain episodes. Overall, I am enjoying this season.
3. Supergirl- Enjoying the season a lot more than S1. Maggie, Lena and Mon -El, and Miss Martian are great characters. The first two episodes and Parsite are my favourite.
4. LOT- Really enjoying the season so far with the Legends battling the Legion of Doom. However, the show doesn't take risks with killing characters or affecting time itself.
5. Flash- I don't find the show as enjoyable anymore. The current storyline bores me.

1. Agents of Shield- For the most part, the season has been great with Ghost Rider and the LMDs. The LMDs storyline did drag a bit, but yesterday's episode has excited for the next story arc
2. Arrow- Really enjoying the darker feel this season, and Oliver finding his role as mayor. Rene and Dinah are great so far, action sequences are pretty cool! Prometheus is really interesting so far! There are some weak spots, such as Curtis, Artemis and Ragman being underdeveloped, and Thea missing in certain episodes. Overall, I am enjoying this season.
3. Supergirl- Enjoying the season a lot more than S1. Maggie, Lena and Mon -El, and Miss Martian are great characters. The first two episodes and Parsite are my favourite.
4. LOT- Really enjoying the season so far with the Legends battling the Legion of Doom. However, the show doesn't take risks with killing characters or affecting time itself.
5. Flash- I don't find the show as enjoyable anymore. The current storyline bores me.
Wasn't expecting someone to agree with me so exactly!

1. Agents of Shield
2. The Flash
3. Arrow
4. LOT
5. Lucifer
6. Gotham
7. Supergirl

I´m also really liking Legion so far, but two episodes is not enough to include the series on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"