• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ridin’ with Biden

AJABreaking (Al Jazeera): “Today, according to sources: US President Joe Biden urged Israel not to respond to the Iranian attack”

Last edited:
Last edited:
U.S. officials claimed they had no advance knowledge or involvement in Israel’s strike against Iran’s embassy. (April 2)

Which even at face even is a bad position to be in where your supposed ‘ally’ does things like that and needs a lot of pushback regardless of whether it matters to them or not.
If I'm Biden, there are repercussions against Israel for this along the lines of slow walking certain weapons deliveries. Iran looks like they are trying to de-escalate. They could have done worse and appear to have telegraphed their "response". It kind of looks like face saving without trying to broaden the conflict (which would probably be very bad for Iran).

If I'm Biden, there are repercussions against Israel for this along the lines of slow walking certain weapons deliveries. Iran looks like they are trying to de-escalate. They could have done worse and appear to have telegraphed their "response". It kind of looks like face saving without trying to broaden the conflict (which would probably be very bad for Iran).
I'd love for this to be what's really going on.

President Joe Biden has privately expressed concern that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to drag the U.S. more deeply into a broader conflict, according to three people familiar with his comments.
U.S. officials have privately expressed frustration with Israel’s decision to strike the Iranian consular building in Syria on April 1, saying Israeli leaders did not think through the timing and implications of the attack, including how it might affect negotiations over the release of hostages held by Hamas.

“I don’t think they had a strategy,” the senior administration official said. “The Israelis don’t always make the best strategic decisions.”
I’d like a ‘you’re an indicted prime minister who is trying to starve/kill/injure 2 million people and ignite a regional war, you should step aside, piece of ****’ but I guess that’s all we get for now.

They did.

Iran fired a combination of cheap drones, cruise missiles, and ballistic missiles.

The cheap stuff obviously outnumbered the expensive stuff, and did the job of both probing and depleting Israeli air defense. Once the air defense is depleted, missiles can more easily hit the ground.

Watch this video:

If Biden succeeds in producing a lasting and meaningful de-escalation in the Middle East, it will arguably be the greatest success of his Presidency.

It could also be his worst failure if he listens to some of the clowns in Washington.

But I'm hoping for the former.

One problem the USA has is that China, Russia, Iran, Yemen, and North Korea each have working hypersonic missiles. In contrast, no NATO country has the ability to either defend against them or manufacture them as a deterrent.

And the military industrial complex is defunct. Boeing can't build things that work. F35s are a debacle. Elon Musk is among the last American capitalists that can build anything mechanical that works, that's not enough. There should be 30 Musks.

The rest of the world noticed that America's Patriots intercepted Iran's cheap drones, but not their ballistic missiles.

A good stabilizing force in the world is arguably a USA that can fight a war that prefers not to.

These arguments from the American so-called left are not helpful and not progressive, but at least it's good to see someone being honest.

One problem the USA has is that China, Russia, Iran, Yemen, and North Korea each have working hypersonic missiles. In contrast, no NATO country has the ability to either defend against them or manufacture them as a deterrent.

And the military industrial complex is defunct. Boeing can't build things that work. F35s are a debacle. Elon Musk is among the last American capitalists that can build anything mechanical that works, that's not enough. There should be 30 Musks.

The rest of the world noticed that America's Patriots intercepted Iran's cheap drones, but not their ballistic missiles.

A good stabilizing force in the world is arguably a USA that can fight a war that prefers not to.

1. Musk doesn't build ****. He buys companies that make ****, and then quite likely tries to ruin them. Hell, it is clear based on the two companies that actually listen to him what that is doing to their products.

I don't think we needed to intercept the missiles. It seems that Israel's Arrow and David's Sling systems were enough to handle the missiles.

We do have hypersonic missiles. They just aren't touted as the key to our military strategy. And if hypersonic missiles were something so great and powerful of a strategy, I think Russia maybe should have prioritized their production and we should have seen them more often than we have.

1. Musk doesn't build ****. He buys companies that make ****, and then quite likely tries to ruin them. Hell, it is clear based on the two companies that actually listen to him what that is doing to their products.

I don't think we needed to intercept the missiles. It seems that Israel's Arrow and David's Sling systems were enough to handle the missiles.

We do have hypersonic missiles. They just aren't touted as the key to our military strategy. And if hypersonic missiles were something so great and powerful of a strategy, I think Russia maybe should have prioritized their production and we should have seen them more often than we have.

The Arrow and David systems intercepted the cheaper drones and cruise missiles, at a cost of over a billion dollars, with Iran giving 72 hours notice so that several countries could put their air defenses in place. And with that, all or nearly all of the ballistic missiles hit.

The key to the US military strategy is proxy militaries like Ukraine , Israel, and Taiwan. That can only be viable when backed by technological supremacy, which is no longer the case.

You can cope for now, probably for a while, but ultimately having better technology matters.

Pretty certain that if 110 ballistic missiles actually made it to Israel, there would be a lot more reported casualties than one injured girl.

Pretty certain that if 110 ballistic missiles actually made it to Israel, there would be a lot more reported casualties than one injured girl.

1) The Iranians targeted military sites, not hospitals, etc.
2) I read that 5 to 7 of the missiles of the missiles were hypersonics, all made it through.

By the way the fact that cheap drones depleted the air defense is a plus.

IMO, Iran was trying to de-escalate with their response to Israel bombing the consulate. They had to make some response and gave Israel every chance to prepare. In addition, they said they considered the matter closed. I'm sure some missiles made it through, but this was the farthest thing from an aggressive act meant to cause civilian damage. Iran's interests aren't served by a widening of the war. That seems to be more of something that Israel is trying to do.

I think Netanyahu would love nothing more than to drag the US into a wider conflict, hurt Biden's chances in November, and have Trump re-elected so they can do whatever they wish. It's more complicated than that with Iran and Russia generally being allied, but those details can be worked out.

I thought 99% were intercepted with most damage caused by falling debris.

I thought 99% were intercepted with most damage caused by falling debris.
I think that they probably did intercept ~99% of the projectiles, but most of those were cheap drones. They had the purpose of each of saturating the air defense, and probing the air defense, and possibly allowing Israel/US to save face by saying that they got a lot of interceptions.

The hypersonic missiles seem to have all made it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"