Ridin’ with Biden

Yesterday I posted about Washington's anger with India's plans to build trade links with Iran. I found out more about it afterwards, it's specifically an alternative to a previous Washington plan to build an India - Israel - Europe trade corridor, so that's half the reason they're angry.

I come out of this thinking three points:

1) Israel will never be truly viable if its survival depends on the US bullying other countries into supporting Israel.

2) It's questionable if support for Israel benefits the USA.

3) India is a large and ancient civilization and it is foolish of Western diplomats to talk down to India. They need to get past their racism and start perceiving Western-Indian relations as being a link between equals.

Ehhhhh......the president gets more credit and blame than they deserve. For those who think the economy will thrive or fail because so and so gets elected, I've got news for you.......unless the person is a complete and utter idiot, there won't be a "ton" of difference. Policy can more surely help different groups of people (I'm talking about income inequity), but the president doesn't control the economy.

Ehhhhh......the president gets more credit and blame than they deserve. For those who think the economy will thrive or fail because so and so gets elected, I've got news for you.......unless the person is a complete and utter idiot, there won't be a "ton" of difference. Policy can more surely help different groups of people (I'm talking about income inequity), but the president doesn't control the economy.

On the specific point of fluctuations in the stock market, I agree.

But the Biden administration has made large scale moves that will have a significant impact. They prematurely ended the COVID emergency measures, and started a trade war with Russia that will undermine the US dollar's reserve currency status.

I think that one of the things that will be held against Biden in the coming decades isn't that he didn't fund efforts to improve ventilation in all public buildings when he had the political capital to do so at the start of his term.

The people want abortion rights. Republicans need to get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hannnnman
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"