• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ridley Scott/Frank Spotnitz Adapt "The Man in the High Castle" For Amazon

I hope Amazon puts this one out on Blu-ray and DVD. I don't think they did with Transparent, but I'm hoping. Because I've already got a bunch of other s*** I should be watching and I just don't feel like subscribing to Amazon.

I'm sure it and Transparent will be on DVD/Blu-Ray at some point. They might be holding out to get more subscribers.

This was an excellent series --I enjoyed it very much.

I have read Philip K Dick's original novel a couple of times, last being about 4 years ago. The major difference being that instead of a popular novel 'The Grasshopper Lies Heavy' written by a man called Hawthorne Abendsen, the TV series used film --rather a brilliant use of theme, book in book being translated to film in film. Also the ending is different, as is the man in the castle.

There is one aspect in the series that may make it different from the book --quantum mechanics. The character of Wegener was trying to leak the 'Heisenberg Device' to the Japanese via Tagomi. As anyone with knowledge of theoretical physics know that Werner Heisenberg headed the Nazi's A-Bomb project during WWII and was the Germany's opposite number to USA's Robert Oppenheimer who headed the Manhattan Project. Heisenberg was the physicist who developed the famous 'Uncertainty Principle' which in simplest term tells us that there is a fuzziness in nature, a limit to what we can know about the behaviour of (quantum) particles and smallest stuffs in nature. At atomic scale, the most we can do is to predict/calculate probabilities as opposed to Newton's clockwork universe. Maybe, this 'Heisenberg Device' will play a significant role in the second season and it might explain [BLACKOUT]the shifting alternate realities, Tagomi's scene in the finale and Hitler owning a collection films of several alternate realities world?[/BLACKOUT]

I just started this last night when a friend recommended it. I just got done with episode 3, and I really like it.

I'll come back when I'm finished with the season. I wanna avoid spoilers. I hear the ending is good.

The Man in the High Castle Season 2 - Our Future Belongs to Those Who Change It
[YT]MLbQkKHM0HI[/YT]

Stephen Root Is Amazon’s Man In The High Castle

Amazon Studios said today that Stephen Root has landed the title role in The Man in the High Castle, its adaptation of Philip K. Dick’s alt-history novel about life in the former United States after the Allied Powers lost World War II.

I just finished the second season and is better than the first to me.

Great second season! There was a certain feeling of finality to it, almost as if there isn't going to be a third. If such is indeed the case, I think I'd be fine with that considering how the finale came to a close.

I just bingewatched both seasons. Spectacular show. Season 2 was considerably better than season 1, which was already good. I hope there's a season 3, and [blackout]Frank survived the explosion.[/blackout] There's still plenty more stories that could be told of this world.

‘The Man In the High Castle’ Renewed For Season 3 By Amazon, Gets A Showrunner
Overmyer fills the void left by the sudden departure of The Man in the High Castle developer/executive producer/showrunner Frank Spotnitz in the middle of production on Season 2 after reported clashes with the streaming service. There was no immediate replacement for Spotnitz at the time, with the existing producing team taking over his responsibilities.

After breaking streaming records for Amazon in Season 1, the second season of The Man in the High Castle premiered with the most viewers over its debut weekend of all scripted Amazon Original Series, according to the network[/I].

Last edited:
‘The Man In the High Castle’ Renewed For Season 3 By Amazon, Gets A Showrunner
Overmyer fills the void left by the sudden departure of The Man in the High Castle developer/executive producer/showrunner Frank Spotnitz in the middle of production on Season 2 after reported clashes with the streaming service. There was no immediate replacement for Spotnitz at the time, with the existing producing team taking over his responsibilities.

After breaking streaming records for Amazon in Season 1, the second season of The Man in the High Castle premiered with the most viewers over its debut weekend of all scripted Amazon Original Series, according to the network[/I].

this makes me extremely happy...
icon14.gif

Wonderful news. I hope Overmyer can keep season 2's high quality going.

Just finished both seasons and the "what if" setting was quite disturbing at times.

Love this show, think season 2 was better than season 1.

The Man in the High Castle Season 3 - Exclusive: New York Comic Con Sneak Peek
[YT]VP9wkTEgORI[/YT]

Amazon's The Man in the High Castle Is Not Attracting Enough New Subscribers, According to New Report

Season 1 of Man in the High Castle cost $72 million to make with an average first stream viewership of 1.15 million subscribers, which amounts to $63 per new subscriber. But Season 2 cost more and had fewer new subscribers watching, raising the cost per first stream amount dramatically to $829. Season 2's inflated budget and dwindling viewership could spell doom for the series going forward.

Even with these new financial findings, CEO Jeff Bezos and his company aren't shying away from spending money to develop prestige television shows. Their two season investment in the upcoming Lord of the Rings prequel series could approach half a billion dollars, which is three times the amount it cost to develop the first two seasons of Man in the High Castle combined.

Just been renewed for a 4th season. I am still waiting for the third season though. :(

Just been renewed for a 4th season. I am still waiting for the third season though. :(

Wow I was honestly expecting this to be the final season.

Yeah, where is it? That Comic Con trailer for S3 came out like 10 months ago. I thought it would've been out by now.

The Man in the High Castle will premiere on October 5th on Amazon Prime Video

[YT]E6haXll5wFc[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"