Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot" (SPOILERS)

Loved this. Loved it.

is it perfect? Of course not. The teen stuff is grating. But, by Christ, it’s easily the best rendition of Superman since Reeve. Hoechlin gets better and better. Glad it’s not really connected to the Arrowverse either - which has been going downhill for a while now.

I would love to see the Bruce Wayne of this universe at some point.

It is connected to the Arrowverse, John Diggle is showing up later in the season

Eh. They’ve made so many changes to what’s been established, I’m kinda seeing it as another alt universe.

Yeah, I would be quite alright if this isn't really connected to the Arrowverse honestly. I thought this show was on a completely different Earth than the other CW shows.

Re-watched today, a couple random observations:

-I think my favorite scene may be where Clark races home to Martha. I don't know if it's a directorial choice or purely an acting choice, but the way Tyler plays it when he first walks into her room, like he's afraid to turn and look at her because he knows when he does, he'll see a corpse and not his mom (especially so because he can hear her vitals and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's gone)....I FELT that. That was so incredibly real, imo.

-I noticed at the end of the fight when he pulled out the Kryptonite, his suit instantly started repairing itself. So I think they're going with the "Kryptonian armor" approach to the suit.

-I think my favorite scene may be where Clark races home to Martha. I don't know if it's a directorial choice or purely an acting choice, but the way Tyler plays it when he first walks into her room, like he's afraid to turn and look at her because he knows when he does, he'll see a corpse and not his mom (especially so because he can hear her vitals and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's gone)....I FELT that. That was so incredibly real, imo.

-I noticed at the end of the fight when he pulled out the Kryptonite, his suit instantly started repairing itself. So I think they're going with the "Kryptonian armor" approach to the suit.

Good catch. I did not notice the suit repairing itself. I watched it twice as well. The second time with my wife. She noticed that when he pulled out the kryptonite, the hole in the suit was gone the next scene and thought it was just a mistake.

Gotta say, this has to be the best Superman live action thing we have gotten in some time. At least for me. I would say it has the heart of Smallville with similar visuals to Man of Steel (for TV.) So this is a perfect combination for me.

Still can't get over the visuals from the pilot.

136aa3171c4a08c6e721ba391bb31dd840d365c7.gifv

d2f78f1475a93b246946fd5ddaddefdbb99f6cbc.gifv

ca7b41840a04d7f6b73ddd24f5dbb6895bc1d58c.gifv

c9fb936649397d9e74185d82e50ab6d130e9e00d.gifv

c080d6e2371b1a5b997b90024d9ec93a5187fdbc.gifv

48ef78e652caf272ac82b22d24b1c66f83b23ba3.gifv

Honestly, I was both surprised and impressed by Tyler's acting in that scene. Previously, I didn't think that he had the acting chops to convey that level of emotion in his performance.

I've seen a few people online say how the pilot serves as a good reminder that Superman isn't a boring character and can be very relatable as well.

It is connected to the Arrowverse, John Diggle is showing up later in the season

At this point, I'd be willing to forgo the annual crossovers and just have a few superheroes make guest appearances on THIS show only. After being spoiled by this show's production values, I really don't want to see Superman go back to the other CW shows.

Plus, I'm hoping that this show will do what "Justice League" couldn't and establish Tyler's Superman as a leading figure/mentor to the other heroes in the Arrowverse.

Eh. They’ve made so many changes to what’s been established, I’m kinda seeing it as another alt universe.

Hobestly I would prefer if they did stay to themselves but Todd Helbing said other day that’s it’s a part of the Arrowverse & we’ll see more connections to the wider Arrowverse as we go on. Plus the fact that Diggle is showing is the biggest connector.

At this point, I'd be willing to forgo the annual crossovers and just have a few superheroes make guest appearances on THIS show only. After being spoiled by this show's production values, I really don't want to see Superman go back to the other CW shows.

Plus, I'm hoping that this show will do what "Justice League" couldn't and establish Tyler's Superman as a leading figure/mentor to the other heroes in the Arrowverse.

See I’d rather other heroes stayed off S&L and we had Supes & Lois visit other shows if there was gonna be crossovers.

If there were a 5- show crossover, what would the Superman and Lois segment look like? Would it have the higher production values and more cinematic look or would it change to match the others?

I really think the crossovers should be their own thing anyway. Just take the slot for the evening but call it what it is rather than tonight is Batwoman or Flash etc

They are taking full advantage of COIE which is great, they should. The other shows (esp Supergirl) definitely should've but were to afraid.

Im hoping since MG is no longer part of the Arrowverse they approach the crossovers differently. Just have them be a glorified stand alone movie with some minor connections to the other shows like we had with Earth-X which was easily the most cohesive crossover we've had.

See I’d rather other heroes stayed off S&L and we had Supes & Lois visit other shows if there was gonna be crossovers.

I'm a little worried about crossovers in general, regardless of how and where they happen. I have little desire to see Clark and Lois written foolishly to fit the tone of, say, Legends of Tomorrow or for Cisco to pop in on S&L to give his opinions about the latest episode of Drag Race.

I'm a little worried about crossovers in general, regardless of how and where they happen. I have little desire to see Clark and Lois written foolishly to fit the tone of, say, Legends of Tomorrow or for Cisco to pop in on S&L to give his opinions about the latest episode of Drag Race.

Has Cisco ever brought up Drag Race in The Flash?

He'd be more worried about naming villains.

Honestly loved this, I'm not a big Superman fan by any means and upon hearing the premise I was skeptical, but man was I wrong. The five minute intro was one of the finest I've seen in a while. Don’t know if it's because I'm a newish Dad but the stuff with the kids got me, the scene of them rushing in to Jordans room, the look of distress on Clark's face, Lois by contrast looking calm and having him under control, just wonderful. The Martha scene so simple but so effective.

Everything just clicked for me, I've come away not only loving this but itching for more Superman content.

Finally got around to watch the premiere in full and I actually really liked it. Probably going in with such low expectations helped out a lot lol

Superman and Lois were written well and both actors did a great job in their roles. Hope they keep it up.

As for their kids...ugh. Didn’t mind Jonathan at all but Jordan came off as an annoying little brat. Could have done without the kids but considering this is a CW show I am sure it was required to have some teenage characters included.

As I said in a previous post, for a CW show the pilot was very well made and we got some high quality visuals.

Already added the series onto my DVR so I will definitely keep watching

I can't see Superman or Lois crossing into other shows and being dropped to their production values. After the travesty that was Crisis On Infinite Earths, I have no need for anymore annual crossovers, unless Superman is at the forefront (I hated the paragon nonsense).

Finally saw this today, and wow, was that good!
Great acting and production values, awesome FX, an incredible dynamic between Clark and Lois, and yes, even their sons. Already, far better than the other CW shows. This is the feel I wish SG'd had, and something I hope SnL can hold on to.
As to the kids, I thought Jordan had too quick of a turn-around at the end from emo to smiley, but I also doubt that is the last we will see of that. And I was kinda hoping they would both have powers. Maybe Jonathon will be a late bloomer, though.;)

And now, Captain Luther?! From the way he was talking, I'm thinking this Luther is a COIN remnant from another Earth. Not SG's Luther though, obviously! Which I'm fine with, even if it does all still mean it ties into the other CW shows. They've always done a little more hokey than they could have, so maybe SnL can lift the others up in that regard..? Not that I'll be watching many of the others. SG surely and maybe the Flash. Have some guest shots surely, maybe a few story arcs here and there, but I'm also thinking this should be seen more as its own universe

Like many others, I'm not waiting with bated breath for another crossover event. The hype, sadly, never lived up to the product, of which the tone was the most problematic. Again, too hokey in spots, and too many CG villains!

But this show, awesome! The best TV version of Supes to date! I'll be tuning in!

But but, please no love triangle between that girl and the twins. God, I hate love triangle tropes!:wall:

Finally saw this today, and wow, was that good!
Great acting and production values, awesome FX, an incredible dynamic between Clark and Lois, and yes, even their sons. Already, far better than the other CW shows. This is the feel I wish SG'd had, and something I hope SnL can hold on to.
As to the kids, I thought Jordan had too quick of a turn-around at the end from emo to smiley, but I also doubt that is the last we will see of that. And I was kinda hoping they would both have powers. Maybe Jonathon will be a late bloomer, though.;)

And now, Captain Luther?! From the way he was talking, I'm thinking this Luther is a COIN remnant from another Earth. Not SG's Luther though, obviously! Which I'm fine with, even if it does all still mean it ties into the other CW shows. They've always done a little more hokey than they could have, so maybe SnL can lift the others up in that regard..? Not that I'll be watching many of the others. SG surely and maybe the Flash. Have some guest shots surely, maybe a few story arcs here and there, but I'm also thinking this should be seen more as its own universe

Like many others, I'm not waiting with bated breath for another crossover event. The hype, sadly, never lived up to the product, of which the tone was the most problematic. Again, too hokey in spots, and too many CG villains!

But this show, awesome! The best TV version of Supes to date! I'll be tuning in!

But but, please no love triangle between that girl and the twins. God, I hate love triangle tropes!:wall:

Well maybe she'll turn out to have a twin sister and then there will be a love rectangle. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"