• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Steve Carell and 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reuniting for 'Space Force' (Netflix)

Finally finished Space Force

It was...eh, ok at best. Definitely not The Office or Parks & Rec

Steve Carrell and John Malkovich are the definite highlights of the show. But the rest of the characters and a lot of the comedy bits just fell flat. Didn’t care for the daughter at all, in fact found her irritating at times.

The show has a great cast and it has potential to funny. I’ll give a second season a shot but if it’s gonna be more of the same then no point to continue watching

I like the show but when I start to really think about the show it seems like there is more I find negative than positive. I agree the second half of the season got better. Well I think episode 5 was the turning point for the season and Steve Carrell. Up till epi 5 I think the Naired character was kinda unfocused when it came to his personality. As in it seemed to me like one moment he was a capable but quirky/eccentric, then he would switch to incapable and kinda stupid and at times he felt a little to Michael Scott. And there were scenes were it seemed like he would switch between all three. And while I think the show is still slightly unfocused at least they seem to have settled in to a groove.

Like the situation with the daughter it just seems to be based on what they need for the story in that episode. Ultimately it just seems like she's acting out because she thinks she has to rather than because she's truly upset. And the stuff with Lisa Kudrow to me is completely pointless and time wasted that could be given to other characters. We don't even find out why she's in the situation she's in. It's like she happy there moving to a upscale neighborhood to being super upset over moving to Colorado to WTH. And then the new living situation and the daughter seemingly only having a issue with one parent. I hope I'm keeping things vague enough to not be a spoiler but still be understood.

I love the Beach Boys and Pop scenes, those may be my two favorite scenes. John Malkovich is maybe my favorite character but I also really like Cap. Ali. And the fact that the Publicist in called bleep Tony makes me chuckle every time I hear it. I think there is a lot here to love but it sadly could also easily become meh whatever.

And maybe my biggest issue is to me it seems like there is whole episodes or more missing. Like Cap. Ali her season one story should have been her story arc for the series not a season in my opinion

She goes from being Naired's personal pilot to wanting to be a Astronaut to being the lead Astronaut. In the war games episode there are experienced Astronauts on the team already and then they have to put a whole new team together

If some of my issues were explained please tell me because multiple times I was like an I missing something. I just hope season 2 is more focused and the whole story fleshed out.

Anyone notice the 40 Year Old Virgin reunion with Jane Lynch and Steve Carrell?

I didn't care for this. There wasn't a lot of laughs, I found Diana Silvers' character so horribly written and I'm slightly annoyed
They didn't say why the wife was in prison. :funny:

Tawny Newsome and Jimmy O. Yang were the highlights for me though. I loved all their scenes together.

Finally finished it this week, while it wasn't a laugh a minute, I enjoyed it and did lol quite a few times.

They got plenty of heartfelt moments in there too which is always needed in a comedy. I would watch another season.

though, it was never said directly the President in this was clearly based on Trump, (so, if or when it comes to a season 2) do you think they will continue with the characterizations of their(in show "fictional" ) President on Trump's behavior ?

or will they try to go in a different direction with the character (perhaps even making him more like the new President?)

the way the first season left off, I don't see them doing any significant time jump (at least not til the story's cliff hang is resolved) for them to have had a change in Presidents... maybe like half way through the season or (IF) it makes it to a season 3

that could be a whole plot point on its own, on rather or not a new president would even continue to suppose the Space-force in general (come to think of it that's a real life issue as well that anyone in the real Space-force is probably wondering right now)

They are going to retool the second season just like they did with Parks & Rec and The Office.
Hopefully that means it will be funnier

I struggled to get through season 1. If not for Steve Carrell and John Malkovich, I would not have gotten through it. Those two were hilarious and played off each other well

I found the first season quite funny but yeah a re-tool wouldn't be the worst idea. I did enjoy the first season though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"