• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when you're working on a $150m movie, you can afford to do things like that. On low-budget TV, you pretty much just have to film around the bump, lol.

Last edited:
That isn't necessarily an impediment. Costuming and camera angles. Gal Gadot was five months pregnant when she had to do some Wonder Woman reshoots. So they just cut out a panel in her costume and replaced
it with some green screen cloth. Then they just CGI'd in her stomach. Gal said she looked like she was pregnant with Kermit the Frog.

https://www.romper.com/p/how-gal-ga...wonder-woman-will-seriously-impress-you-63592

Hmmmmm.... The whole "Blacklist" shooting around the baby bump thing was ridiculously stupid. I hate it when they try and do that....

Last edited:
Well, when you're working on a $150m movie, you can afford to do things like that. On low-budget TV, you're pretty much just have to film around the bump, lol.

Yah, I remember ST: Voyager episodes where Torres had to wear that big jacket to hide her pregnancy. That $50 jacket is the TV-on-a-budget CGI means of handling it.

Yah, I remember ST: Voyager episodes where Torres had to wear that big jacket to hide her pregnancy. That $50 jacket is the TV-on-a-budget CGI means of handling it.

On Deep Space Nine, Nana Visitor (who played Kira) was pregnant for part of a season, so they engineered a plot point whereby she ended up being the surrogate mother for the baby another fictional couple on the show was having.

The pretense being that the biological mother was injured in an accident in a remote location, I think, and the doctor on the scene had to transfer the baby to save its life. Something like that.

Ah the wonders of sci-fi :cwink:

On Deep Space Nine, Nana Visitor (who played Kira) was pregnant for part of a season, so they engineered a plot point whereby she ended up being the surrogate mother for the baby another fictional couple on the show was having.

The pretense being that the biological mother was injured in an accident in a remote location, I think, and the doctor on the scene had to transfer the baby to save its life. Something like that.

Ah the wonders of sci-fi :cwink:

Riiiight, darn forgot about that one. Bottom line, if the showrunners call for it, there's a creative way to manage.

After all, Astra had a husband, Non, and I don't think it was ever brought up that the Universe-38 version of Kryptonians were developed in gestation chambers. So a pregnant Krypton-38 Kryptonian wouldn't have been out of the question.
They could have even worked that into the story as to why Astra and Non were creating Myriad, they wanted a new home for their child. I think Laura wanting to do the Broadway play was the main reason she left the show.

There was no other palce to put this, so I decided why not? Former Supergirl cast member Italia "Silver Banshee" Ricci is about to partake in a pyramid scheme...THE $100,000 PYRAMID that is.

The now member of Designated Survivor and her husband Robbie Amell are celebrity partners on the the latest hit revival of the classic word game where in 60 seconds a civilian can win $100,000 in cash.

But in this video from the show's Facebook, it seems as if Italia just couldn't...STOP GIGGLING BECAUSE SHE IS SO NERVOUS.

The show is hosted by NFL Hall of Famer and GMA co-host Michael Strahan. It will air during the 10PM EST hour this Sunday on ABC. The show videotapes in New York City, where Pyramid began in 1973.

Tell you this...I would love to see Melissa and Chyler take on the Winner's Circle.

Tune in and see if the Banshee can beat Firestorm in this DC battle.

As much as I would love to see Melissa on all of these different game shows and Kyler and all of them I just don't see it as being able to fit in their schedules ever ha ha .

As much as I would love to see Melissa on all of these different game shows and Kyler and all of them I just don't see it as being able to fit in their schedules ever ha ha .

If they can't compete on one, then bring the game show to Supergirl. Have a game show episode. :o

Kara has to compete to save the life of Chyler.

That isn't necessarily an impediment. Costuming and camera angles. Gal Gadot was five months pregnant when she had to do some Wonder Woman reshoots. So they just cut out a panel in her costume and replaced
it with some green screen cloth. Then they just CGI'd in her stomach. Gal said she looked like she was pregnant with Kermit the Frog.

https://www.romper.com/p/how-gal-ga...wonder-woman-will-seriously-impress-you-63592

Blake Lively did some reshoots for The Shallows while pregnant.

But then you have Joss Whedon who ruins and writes off a character due to pregnancy.

Kinda throws a new perspective on Diana/Gal's line to Etta in the clothes shop about why would anyone need something to keep their stomach flat! :funny:

It all depends on when the shows tape. Now if Pyramid was back in LA it would be a better flight. Also shows like Pyramid, Celebrity Family Feud and To Tell The Truth air in the summer. The latter two air in summer during ABC's Summer Fun and Games, which also includes reboots of Battle of the Network Stars and....THE GONG SHOW!

She does not have time for any of that stuff.

Not that they would have time for ALLthat stuff, Kelly.

As for what Italia and Robbie did on Pyramid last night...

Well despite all her nervous giggles, Italia led contestant Jacob, a real estate man from Miami to $50,000 in the Winner's Circle. But then, Jacob went back there with Robbie ...AND WON $100,000 MORE FOR A TOTAL OF $150,000.

There was no other palce to put this, so I decided why not? Former Supergirl cast member Italia "Silver Banshee" Ricci is about to partake in a pyramid scheme...THE $100,000 PYRAMID that is.

The now member of Designated Survivor and her husband Robbie Amell are celebrity partners on the the latest hit revival of the classic word game where in 60 seconds a civilian can win $100,000 in cash.

But in this video from the show's Facebook, it seems as if Italia just couldn't...STOP GIGGLING BECAUSE SHE IS SO NERVOUS.

The show is hosted by NFL Hall of Famer and GMA co-host Michael Strahan. It will air during the 10PM EST hour this Sunday on ABC. The show videotapes in New York City, where Pyramid began in 1973.

Tell you this...I would love to see Melissa and Chyler take on the Winner's Circle.

Tune in and see if the Banshee can beat Firestorm in this DC battle.

Which video are you referring to? There are several on that page now that the Facebook page has updated, and I only see one with Italia Ricci and she doesn't seem to be giggling in it but just talking briefly.

Not that they would have time for ALLthat stuff, Kelly.

As for what Italia and Robbie did on Pyramid last night...

Well despite all her nervous giggles, Italia led contestant Jacob, a real estate man from Miami to $50,000 in the Winner's Circle. But then, Jacob went back there with Robbie ...AND WON $100,000 MORE FOR A TOTAL OF $150,000.

Neither of them are shooting a movie, or a mini-series and neither have the shooting schedule of their series like Melissa has....

I would love to see her do that stuff, I would however much rather see her and Chris on Celebrity Game Night. To see her and Jane Lynch back together, the woman that could never improvise any kind of rude comment toward Melissa's character Marley on Glee would be fun to see. :woot:

Neither of them are shooting a movie, or a mini-series and neither have the shooting schedule of their series like Melissa has....

I would love to see her do that stuff, I would however much rather see her and Chris on Celebrity Game Night. To see her and Jane Lynch back together, the woman that could never improvise any kind of rude comment toward Melissa's character Marley on Glee would be fun to see. :woot:

Why was she not able to ever do that?

David is very honest and tells it like it is in this video about the writing of his characters. He hates playing Cyborg Superman since it's a cheap mask, cheap costume, and cheap character where they just said "You're Cyborg SUperman" with no reason as to why or how the character got that way. He says that playing CS is boring and he just switches off whenever he has to play that character. Which is a big problem in the writing of the show. He also talks about MM.

Last edited:

David is very honest and tells it like it is in this video about the writing of his characters. He hates playing Cyborg Superman since it's a cheap mask, cheap costume, and cheap character where they just said "You're Cyborg SUperman" with no reason as to why or how the character got that way. He says that playing CS is boring and he just switches off whenever he has to play that character. Which is a big problem in the writing of the show. He also talks about MM.

Two observations..

1) The girl interviewer is so cute in her SG outfit.
2) Love the REALNESS from Big Dave. No fan of Cyborg Superman either.

I haven't even thought of Hank Henshaw as Cyborg Superman.....except when he called himself that....and once Supergirl called him out on it....he's just been Hank Henshaw with enhancements....

especially when it would have been so easy to write a monologue about how the earth doesn't need any of the Kryptonians, that with his enhancements he is the only Superman the earth would need. Then just work in the cyborg superman name from there. As far as the cheap sh***y mask if they can make James's guardian suit which looks excellent I don't see why his mask looks so sh***y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"