• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TBS - Miracle Workers

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Daniel Radcliffe & Owen Wilson To Star In TBS Anthology Comedy ‘Miracle Workers’ From EP Lorne Michaels
How’s this for a talent lineup? TBS has handed a straight-to-series order for Miracle Workers, an anthology comedy starring Harry Potter alum Daniel Radcliffe and comedy movie veteran Owen Wilson and executive produced by Lorne Michaels. The series is created by Simon Rich, whose Man Seeking Woman was canceled by FX last month after three seasons.

Scheduled to launch in 2018 with seven episodes, the first season of Miracle Workers will be a heaven-set workplace comedy based on Rich’s book What in God’s Name. Radcliffe will play Craig, a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers, and Wilson will play Craig’s boss, God, who has pretty much checked out to focus on his favorite hobbies. To prevent Earth’s destruction, Craig must achieve his most impossible miracle to date.
Radcliffe and Wilson are good enough. But the creator of Man Seeking Woman being the one behind this? Good Gawd....

Miracle Workers Recast Mystery Solved: Why Did Owen Wilson Depart?
Last October, TVLine broke the news that TBS’ forthcoming heaven-set anthology comedy — starring Harry Potter himself Daniel Radcliffe as a dutiful angel — had recast the role of the God, with Boardwalk Empire‘s Steve Buscemi stepping in for Owen Wilson. At the time, no explanation was given for the switch. But at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour on Thursday, Miracle Workers co-creator Simon Rich addressed the 11th hour casting makeover for the first time.

“We just had different creative visions for the show and parted ways,” the EP explained, before adding, “I’m beyond ecstatic to work with… Steve, who I’ve been a fan of for decades.”
I had actually forgotten this was happening, so this casting change is news to me. But Buscemi is probably more appealing to me than Wilson, so :up:

Just saw a commercial for this and I'm debating if it's good or not.

Premieres tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"