Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Tina Fey/Ellie Kemper Netflix Comedy

Fred Armisen as Robert Durst oh my GAWD.

"Now that's what I call a MILF!"
"Don't tell us what you think it stands for--"
"MY INTERESTING LADY FRIEND!"
"-- WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S WRONG!"

Last edited:
Chuck Lorre wrote the Ninja Turtles theme song?! :wow: This show is so educational.

I know. He peaked before his TV career even really began... :o

I was gonna make that joke, but I figured you wanted it more.

tumblr_mf95f0QU8w1qzxw85o1_500.gif

"The reverend was a psycho liar who claimed he came up with the "Buy the World a Coke" commercial!"

:hehe:

I'm 5 episodes in and I'm pretty sure every one of Titus's lines have been gold. Can't get enough.

I don't know why, but I want to see Jack McBrayer and/or Alec Baldwin for season three.

First season was better, but man I lost it at the Italian grandma puppet.

First season was better, but man I lost it at the Italian grandma puppet.

Yeah, first season overall was much better.

As for the grandma puppet, it was so ****ing random and out of nowhere I couldn't stop laughing during that whole scene.

"Until recently, I couldn't even have a dead husband, so #RespectMyJourney."

It was at this point that I basically lost it.

How come no one's mentioned the Mentos commercials yet??? I can't stop laughing at those.

And oh "Bunny and Kitty" has been stuck in my head the entire day. I'm pretty sure I've sang it out loud too. :funny:

"Now that's what I call a MILF!"
"Don't tell us what you think it stands for--"
"MY INTERESTING LADY FRIEND!"
"-- WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S WRONG!"
This has been my favourite moment so far

How come no one's mentioned the Mentos commercials yet??? I can't stop laughing at those.

And oh "Bunny and Kitty" has been stuck in my head the entire day. I'm pretty sure I've sang it out loud too. :funny:

Mentos! The freshmaker!

Finished the season. I'm glad [blackout]Lisa Kudrow playing Kimmy's mom[/blackout] went unspoiled for me.

What the Helvetica Bold?!

I like how, between this and Wet Hot American Summer, Josh Charles seems to be carving out a niche for himself as "Netflix show *****ebag".

"I have to take Tiny Tim to the doctor."
"Wait a minute, you don't have any kids."
"Tiny Tim is my nickname for my penis. He's very sick."
"Hogwash!"
"The hogwash just made it worse!"

"Is Cate Blanchett a good actress or just tall?"

"It's like Sophie's Choice without Streep chewing the scenery like a rat on drywall."

This is one of those shows that I detested at the start but am now completely and utterly addicted, I dont know how it happened but I am hooked now. Only watched the first episode cause of Ellie Kemper being in the Office but now nearly finished season 2.

As much as I enjoyed the first season, they really seemed to up their game in a big way for season 2. The dialogue was super sharp, I lost track of how many amazing lines there were. I also liked the additional absurdity, the robot constantly hanging around, the internet troll ascending to who-knows-where and the creepy grandma, maybe more than I missed.

It's also interesting how they manage to handle such heavy material in a comedy show. There's a lot of emotion while still balancing the funny stuff and not letting the show get bogged down in it's darker origins.

Also I hope The Reverend dies.

This show kept coming up on my Netflix suggestion feed so I finally decided to try the pilot and just finished watching up through season 2. Excellent show and I have a new favorite crush in Ellie Kemper. :hrt: So many hilarious jokes of course, but my favorite from season 1 had to be the -$1, it kills me just thinking about it again. Oh and that theme song is the catchiest thing ever, dammit! :p

And that cliffhanger ending on the S2 finale was jawdroppingly shocking not just by the reveal but also the totally-creepy implications. Can't wait to see how that plays out in S3.

Now I really want to see Amy Poehler on this show in S3 now that Parks & Rec is over. I'm sure it can be made to happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"