The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Personally, I was hoping that his Superman hair would look more like this in the film.

david-corenswet-temporada-1-the-politician_98.jpg
Yeah. Take a little off the top and trim the sides, and that's essentially perfect Superman hair. What we got isn't bad at all, though, IMO. I like it.

I can't wait to see what the suit looks like in a more traditional pose (without the creases and whatnot).

96a81b89v3g71.png

I'm like 90% sure the belt looks like this.

Is Gunn a fan of the New 52? The suit was clearly inspired by Superman's look during that era.
My Time to Shine actually said that the suit would look like the New 52 suit with trunks and she was pretty damn close, but Gunn simply responded ":eyeroll:" to the tweet.

Well the belt is different as is the shield...

It was the Fortnite suit he posted that reaction to, not New 52. And again, it's not shiny armor. That's the biggest difference by far imo. It changes the whole concept/idea of the suit altogether.

GILhYJRW8AAiXit

For some reason I'm expecting the trunks to look more like shorts rather than briefs. Just seems like it'd fit the aesthetic they're going for better.

No one's saying it's exactly the same. Though there are clearly some notable differences, I still think there's a discernable influence. The presence of a collar, the way the cape fastens to the suit, the similar color scheme, etc.

No one's saying it's exactly the same. Though there are clearly some notable differences, I still think there's a discernable influence. The presence of a collar, the way the cape fastens to the suit, the similar color scheme, etc.

Agreed. That was actually one of the first images that I thought about when I saw the official costume.

It was the Fortnite suit he posted that reaction to, not New 52. And again, it's not shiny armor. That's the biggest difference by far imo. It changes the whole concept/idea of the suit altogether.

GILhYJRW8AAiXit
1715149370392.gif

And I said she got it pretty damn close.

James said that he won't be going to SDCC and neither will the cast because they'll still be filming.
Aaah damn. Maybe they can put a package together atleast. Maybe something will be around the corner to make up for not being there.

You all realize that even if you see the suit with David standing up that the suit will still look like a deflated basketball when he’s moving around, right? I’m just curious, because I’m legitimately surprised at the reactions.

You all realize that even if you see the suit with David standing up that the suit will still look like a deflated basketball when he’s moving around, right? I’m just curious, because I’m legitimately surprised at the reactions.

Personally, I feel like the costume design is the first big misstep of the film. The costume just doesn't look flattering and comes off clumsy in its execution. Feels more a cosplay piece.

Wow I've been here since 2006 and I don't know or recognize anybody. I'm ashamed.
I've been here since 04. I was originally green k.
I was here and on blue tights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"