The End date for the Simpons revealed

For final episode they should fast forward to the future and see what the Simpsons will be like after Bart is grown up and Homer & Marge are in retirement homes.

I'd rather not see that. I'm afraid of what the writers of today my do a 'fixed' future. I'd like it to be unseen and imagine it myself. That and the future can change depending on the generation that sees it.

I think its odd that the Fox network has the longest-running series in primetime television history, when they have canceled almost everything else after showing only a few episodes.

Fox owes its existence to the Simpsons.

Yeah , Simpsons, COPS, Americas most wanted and Married with Children are the shows that made the network what it is and kept it afloat when first starting out.

I know it is hard to believe but when the FOX channel first started it was actually an edgy, anything goes channel that was all about bucking the system.

Guys, it says the 20 year anniversary will end in 2010. It never says that the series will end. It just says its picked up for two more seasons and will continue until 2011-2012.

This show stopped being relevant when Homer was twisted from a loveable, naive and fragile idiot i.e human into a walking punch bag for various sharp objects to be inserted into him regularly. The early stuff was untouchable comedy genius and its so sad how terrible it truly became.

The Simpsons has been past it's sell by date for years. I even remember Harry Shearer saying the last few seasons on the show have been absolutely awful.

1999-2000 were the last decent seasons on the show. I haven't bought any of the DVDs past those seasons. They stink to high heaven. The scraping of the bottom of the barrell hurts my ears.

Does fox even give their shows series finales? Don't they usually just pull the plug?

I was shocked The Simpsons got two more seasons, wait no I wasn't but its still annoying. I once liked this show back in the 90's but now I just find it to be a drag. I wish it would end so it'd get a semi decent ending, if it doesn't end soon they'll do a half ass ending. I'd love for the finale to be Sideshow Bob finale, I don't know what else they could do with him and Bart though. Guess he could try to blowe up the school during graduation for Bart and Lisa in high school that'd be a shocker.

Topic/Thread name needs to be changed. Worst Thread Topic Ever

Also this from Matt G on Feb 26th:

CNN: Let me finish with the traditional "Simpsons" question: Is it going to continue for the foreseeable future?

Groening: Yes. I'll be surprised if we close up anytime soon. I don't see it. The popularity of the show all over the world continues and it is gratifying, and the show's still fun to do. That's always been my ultimate deciding factor: Is it still fun? And it is. ... I get to go in and listen to these brilliant actors make funny lines written by geniuses even funnier. It's a totally entertaining experience from my point of view -- in the middle of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"