• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Horror Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crow is a perfect Devils Night film ;) I had just watched it last month so hence the reason it's not in my 31 Days of Horror Halloween listing.

31 Days of Horror Marathon

Day 1: The Frighteners - 7.5/10
Day 2: Maniac Cop - 7/10
Day 3: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane - 5.5/10
Day 4: Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell - 7/10
Day 5: Prince of Darkness - 8/10
Day 6: From Beyond - 8/10
Day 7: Phantasm - 6.5/10
Day 8: Phantasm II - 7.5/10
Day 9: Phantasm III - 6.5/10
Day 10: Scanners - 8/10
Day 11: Stake Land - 9.5/10
Day 12: Dagon - 7.5/10
Day 13: The American Scream - 9/10
Day 14: Near Dark - 8/10
Day 15: Mimic - 9/10
Day 16: The Devil's Backbone - 9/10
Day 17: The Woman - 2/10
Day 18: Sleepy Hollow - 9/10
Day 19: The Burning - 6/10
Day 20: Black Sabbath - 7/10
Day 21: Clownhouse - 6/10
Day 22: The Awakening - 8/10
Day 23: Audition - 8.5/10
Day 24: Event Horizon - 7.5/10
Day 25: A Bay of Blood - 6/10
Day 26: Maniac (2013) - 9.5/10 [Rewatch]
Day 27: The Thing (1982) - 10/10 [Rewatch]
Day 28: V/H/S & V/H/S 2 - 9/10 [Rewatch]
Day 29: Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 9/10 [Rewatch]
Day 30: The Mist (B&W) - 10/10 [Rewatch] & Skinwalker Ranch - 5.5/10​

Seeing The Mist in black and white was pretty awesome, it added a Night of the Living Dead vibe to it.

I finally finished my Friday The 13th marathon last night with Jason X & Freddy vs Jason.

Afterwards I watched the movie Knight Chills. Such a very, VERY bad movie. The acting was awful, the cinematography was amateurish. The whole thing looked like it was made by film students as a class project, and they were all getting failing grades. It's one of those "This is so bad it's unintentionally kinda funny" sorts of movies.

For those of you who haven't seen or heard of it, Knight Chills is about a group of role players playing a D&D style RPG called Pandemonium (likely due to international copyright laws). One of the players, John, is a total outcast, even from his fellow gamers. Two of them in particular take great joy in tormenting John. When John professes his undying love to one of the female players in the group and is rejected, he commits suicide by driving his car off the road. After his funeral, his spirit returns in the guise of a knight on horseback, wreaking bloody vengeance on all those who wronged him in life.

I rather enjoy the basic premise of the film actually (mostly because I myself am a D&D geek), and wouldn't mind seeing this movie get remade with more competent producers/directors/crew, and talented actors. Perhaps have a bit more backstory on the actual characters, especially John. Show a little more of WHY he's such an outcast, rather than just TELLING us that he is. For a D&D geek to be ostracized by his fellow D&D geek, there has to be more to it that "Man, you're such a dork!" Since that's the attitude most people have towards us, there needs to be more to it for John to be picked on, even by his fellow gamers. Generally speaking, us gaming geeks tend to stick together.

I work in the student center at Saint Louis University. We have a "fun fact" board that is really popular because we usually go out of our way to write weird or disturbing facts. For tomorrow our fact was just some statistics about Halloween spendings so I decided to include the masks from Halloween 3. I wonder if anyone will notice.

1381333_10153398947340416_816586930_n.jpg

Happy Halloween everybody! Kiss a monster!

tPx47Fx.jpg

Since work has kept me from doing my own 31 days, I decided to just try and fit a number of my favorites in today. Started at midnight with Pumpkinhead. Grabbed a couple hours sleep afterwards and am starting Trick 'R Treat.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

Redhawk your fun fact board is awesome, I'm curious if anyone will notice.

I work in the student center at Saint Louis University. We have a "fun fact" board that is really popular because we usually go out of our way to write weird or disturbing facts. For tomorrow our fact was just some statistics about Halloween spendings so I decided to include the masks from Halloween 3. I wonder if anyone will notice.

1381333_10153398947340416_816586930_n.jpg

So awesome. :up:

So I have my list set like this that is if I can achieve it of course, I actually do my job at home so I'm hoping I can nail all of these before I take my stepdaughter trick or treating.
The Burning
Suspiria
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Halloween

Since we're having severe weather, looks like Trick or Treating may not happen for my family tonight. :csad:

Watching Trick 'R Treat now, trying to decide what to watch next.

Since we're having severe weather, looks like Trick or Treating may not happen for my family tonight. :csad:

Watching Trick 'R Treat now, trying to decide what to watch next.
I was wondering how many people would take kids tonight seeing as it's a Thursday (school night), regardless of the weather conditions. I saw a few going around last Saturday and expect there might be some tomorrow and this Saturday as well.

Today I shall be watching Galaxy of Terror, Prince of Darkness, Body Bags and for the finale, Halloween.

Today I shall be watching Galaxy of Terror, Prince of Darkness, Body Bags and for the finale, Halloween.

I did Halloween earlier in the month so thinking I'll do Halloween II tonight. I also just bought Prince of Darkness, feeling ill do that too.

Thats a great lineup I'm in the middle of The Burning and I have to admit seeing Jason Alexander young and with a full head of hair is a pretty funny sight.

Halloween Jersey at Geeky Jerseys, it isn't being offered yet but may be soon. I actually like their original design more, it was blue and grey. They got a lot negative feedback on the logo though.

HSlashers1.jpg

Personally I wish they would reissue the Elm Street Nighmares. I'd buy one on the spot now that I have the money.

Not really a fan of hockey jerseys at all, but that's pretty cool though.

Turns out that Justin's announcement was due to Scream Factory releasing asleep away Camp on BD.

So it's all down to whether the info from the event is correct or not and I'm willing to bet it isn't. We could be safe from another Zombie Halloween after all but unfortunately no closer to a new Halloween film :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"