The Iran Thread II

Last edited:
I assume that we won't find out, but I wonder if Israel is behind this.

I'm not a fan, but I didn't wish him dead. :( At least it seems to an accident and not an assassination.
Yeah.....I get what you're saying, but this dude is responsible for the executions of a lot of people and the systematic oppression of women, gays, non-believers, etc.

If he is dead, I'm not crying alligator tears and if I was sure that this would lead to the overthrow of what is essentially a murderous theocracy, I'd be fine with it. Unfortunately, we don't know that to be the case. I'd love to see a political revolution in Iran that gave working people a say in their lives, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah.....I get what you're saying, but this dude is responsible for the executions of a lot of people and the systematic oppression of women, gays, non-believers, etc.

If he is dead, I'm not crying alligator tears and if I was sure that this would lead to the overthrow of the kind of what is essentially a murderous theocracy, I'd be fine with it. Unfortunately, we don't know that to be the case. I'd love to see a political revolution in Iran that gave working people a say in their lives, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'd like to see a Revolution too, give women full freedom. :(

One of the things that really stuck out to me is that there was a "hard landing" of the helicopter. That registered an 11 (think Spinal Tap) on my BS meter. They don't know where the hell it is, but know it was a "hard landing"?

Guys.....and I mean "guys", brush up on your PR skills..

Frankly, if things were a bit more calmer in the ME at the moment, I would be very interested to see how this goes down, especially given the mass protests that have happened there in recent memory. As it is, not a great time for it to happen.

RIP, Iranian guys. Maybe whoever takes their place will be gentler to the people. :(

So, it appears that Raisi has been confirmed to have died in the "hard landing". The first thing that comes to my mind is how Israel and the US respond to this and how it affects Netanyahu's' escalation of the war (I mean special military operation) in Gaza. It's not like this guy was the signal caller, but was still an important figure.

Man, there's SO much going on, it gets overwhelming; even when you aren't really someone in the know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"