• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Political Satire & Cartoon Thread II - Part 2

dJghPAB.jpg

Is this really a thing now?

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

I get the point it's making, but the actual historical response was also hugely problematic, so probably not the best example.

I get the point it's making, but the actual historical response was also hugely problematic, so probably not the best example.

Going to war against the nation that attacked us and aligned with the Nazis was "hugely problematic"?

Going to war against the nation that attacked us and aligned with the Nazis was "hugely problematic"?

My thoughts as well but... Eh, lots of conspiracy theories etc. are out there about FDR and the marshaling of the USA into WWII so... Imma let it go and not jump down that rabbit hole.

Lighthouse might be referring to the Japanese internment camps in America. That's the only morally bad response to Pearl Harbor that I can think of.

Lighthouse might be referring to the Japanese internment camps in America. That's the only morally bad response to Pearl Harbor that I can think of.

It was.

Thing is, everyone had equivalents of that during the war. Good people do ****ed-up things when pushed, there was a crapload of that going around at the time Not an excuse, but you've gotta take it in the context of the times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"