The Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow News and Discussion Thread

DCStudios giving Supergirl: Woman Of Tomorrow a peak SUMMER 2026 release is a rarity that can’t be ignored. First time in almost a decade a female-led solo CBM is trusted by a studio with a theatrical-only SUMMER slot. The last time was Wonder Woman in 2017.

After that, the closest we got to see a theatrical-only female-led CBM during SUMMER was Black Widow, which was used to test the waters on SUMMER 2021 with a day&date hybrid release on Disney Plus ( with the infamous Premier Access ) & in theatres, after being pushed back from its original MAY 1, 2020 slot, when it would have been a traditional theatrical-only MCU film kicking off that legendary SUMMER 2020 that never happened:

Then, Wonder Woman1984, at some point meant to debut on SUMMER 2020 (THE-ONE-THAT-NEVER-HAPPENED) but pushed back several times by the COVID Crisis until ending up released on HBO Max, Pirates Bay & a few theatres on Christmas 2020,

And then we had Captain Marvel 2, which was supposed to originally debut on SUMMER 2022, before being renamed as The Marvels and in some point being meant to come out on SUMMER 2023, but ended up opening in NOV last year.

The fact that we will finally have a female-led CBM getting a theatrical exclusive release on peak SUMMER with no shenanigans, ifs and buts, is a miracle in itself.

With Supergirl getting a confirmed release date of June 2026 it is safe to say Supergirl will be the 2nd movie in the DCU slate of films since Superman is set to come out July 11th, 2025

And with that I hope we do get a mid or post credits scene in Superman that builds towards Supergirl which would make sense because you build up excitement towards a shared universe that way

With Supergirl getting a confirmed release date of June 2026 it is safe to say Supergirl will be the 2nd movie in the DCU slate of films since Superman is set to come out July 11th, 2025

And with that I hope we do get a mid or post credits scene in Superman that builds towards Supergirl which would make sense because you build up excitement towards a shared universe that way
What about Peacemaker 2?

Yeah, I can see her popping up in Peacemaker to "boost" the series by bringing out one of the main "players" in it.
In a mid or post credits scene to end Peacemaker Season 2 then I could go for that

I might have mentioned this before…

The Woman of Tomorrow narrative explains that Kara is established as Supergirl on Earth. The action, however, takes place entirely in outer space and on alien planets. Now for a Serious Fan™, steeped in DC mythology, this sort of deep dive into a Silver Age-y milieu is easy enough. But I’m a tad skeptical that something like WoT is the best introduction to the character for general viewers. For that reason, a “pre-introduction” cameo in Superman makes a lot of sense. Arguably, an appearance in Peacemaker does the same thing. But IMO, it’s somewhat dubious whether an R-rated, spoofy Max series would have the same audience demographic as a mainstream movie. IOW, Supergirl guest starring on Peacemaker might be good for Peacemaker. But does it help WoT?

Of course, it’s possible that the film adaptation of WoT might include an Earth-based prologue (with a Superman cameo?). That, I think, would provide suitable context before plunging down the “rabbit hole.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"