The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Yeah Freshman Year isn't really hooking me.

For the last 15 years, we've had all these Spidey in high school stories all the way from the Spectacular cartoon, to the ASM movies, the MCU movies... I'm high schooled out.

If Marvel/Sony really wants to get the coins of the Millennials who are now the primary money spenders, give us a Spider-Man animated series about Pete being a young 30something dealing with astronomical Queens rent, a thinning hairline and having to protect the city from Goblins and evil symbiotes.

Keep him married to MJ (no deals with the devil) and explore their relationship. Maybe they want a family and are having fertility issues, or MJ is a soap actress and having a time trying to balance her career and her marriage. Give us some grown up stuff.

Spidey 98 would be a excellent start.

Spidey and his Amazing Friends or bus... wait that one's still going.

I just don't have faith in the artist formerly known as Freshman Year. It started life as a prequel to Tom Holland Spider-Man and is no some generic show, but hey it has Steve Ditko artwork! I just see it being a meh endeavor

Yeah, right after the first Raimi film. Only lasted a season. It's alright. A little weird, and then ending is pretty depressing. Neil Patrick Harris is pretty good in it as Peter.
I think I want to watch this...🤔

Oh, Michael Clarke Duncan also reprised his role as The Kingpin in the show which was pretty cool. Also Rob Zombie was Dr. Connors :funny:
It looks like most of the episodes are on YouTube.

I mean, if Natasha currently has a symbiote...

Personally, I just want Spectacular. A far superior version. Especially now that killing Gwen Stacy is a big no no.
What's next Gwen gets Spider powers too and instead of dying gets lost in the Multiverse. :o

What does it say about me that that dark-ass MTV Spider-Man show (especially the Lizard episode) was my first real introduction to Spider-Man as a 4/5 year-old :skull:

Spidey 98 would be a excellent start.
Spectacular or bust.
200w.gif

The MTV show was a quasi-Raimi spin-off.

I dig the goth MJ. I need to get around to re-watching the whole series but I feel like it would sit mid-tier in my Spidey show rankings.
From what I remember when it first aired, it was intended to be totally canon to the Raimi movies but I don't think anyone officially signed off on that.

Looking it up on Wikipedia, I also came across this interesting tidbit about the show:

The character of Aunt May was not included in the series (except for a photograph in Peter's bedroom), because MTV executives feared that the appearance of any elderly people would deter their target youth audience from watching.

LOL, imagine thinking the younger demographic would immediately turn off the TV if Aunt May even made an appearance?

The Spider-Man series of my childhood was Amazing Friends and Aunt May showed up in it regularly. An old person showing up won't drive away the audience like executives think. Same as having teenage protagonists. Kids can enjoy adult protagonists just fine. Remember all the teenagers in GI Joe? Because I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Dr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"