The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

To me I feel like there's no wrong choice for the best Toy Story movie as long as it isn't 4. :o

I'd be absolutely floored if an Incredibles 3 could be on par with Toy Story 3 in terms of quality. That's my personal best of the Toy Story movies and it also might just be the best Pixar movie IMO. All these years later and I'm still processing the incinerator scene where they all take each others' hands and accept their fate.
Oh, Toy Story has a right answer. It's Toy Story 3. Any other answer is just insanity and incorrect :o

*Before I get flamed, the above post reflects my own personal preference and whatever you prefer is valid*

Oh, Toy Story has a right answer. It's Toy Story 3. Any other answer is just insanity and incorrect :o

*Before I get flamed, the above post reflects my own personal preference and whatever you prefer is valid*
I see the merit in Toy Story 1 and 2 but with Toy Story 3 those last 15 minutes or so especially push it over the top. It was also really near and dear to me since I was 7 when the first one came out and was almost done with college when 3 came out so I was part of that group that grew up with Andy.

To me I feel like there's no wrong choice for the best Toy Story movie as long as it isn't 4. :o

I'd be absolutely floored if an Incredibles 3 could be on par with Toy Story 3 in terms of quality. That's my personal best of the Toy Story movies and it also might just be the best Pixar movie IMO. All these years later and I'm still processing the incinerator scene where they all take each others' hands and accept their fate.
Man, that incinerator scene is brutal and I feel weird saying that about a kids movie but it's true.

That came out the summer I moved away to college. I saw it with my mother and grandma, who practically raised me, and given the whole Andy/college storyline it really struck a chord. My grandma is no longer with us but that was one of her favorite movies. It'll always have a special place in my heart and I'm always glad to see other people love it as much as we did.

Folks, we have reverse-engineered cable.

I'm assuming they're moving the premium add-ons from Hulu over to Disney+, too. On the Hulu app, I had the option to do the Trio Bundle with Max altogether. They also had Showtime and Cinemax. Disney+ only has the option to bundle Hulu and ESPN+.

Man, that incinerator scene is brutal and I feel weird saying that about a kids movie but it's true.

That came out the summer I moved away to college. I saw it with my mother and grandma, who practically raised me, and given the whole Andy/college storyline it really struck a chord. My grandma is no longer with us but that was one of her favorite movies. It'll always have a special place in my heart and I'm always glad to see other people love it as much as we did.
Toy Story 3 is disguised as a kid's movie but it was really made for the '90s kids who grew up with Woody and Buzz. :o

Man listen.

View attachment 89798

Between this, and the ending of The Color Purple, I watch these scenes to cry and remind myself every so often that I still have a soul.
Even just the music from that scene gets me. Randy Newman may have a doofy-sounding singing voice but he sure knows how to tug at the old heartstrings.

Also unrelated followup question for ya...X-Men '97?? 👀

Even just the music from that scene gets me. Randy Newman may have a doofy-sounding singing voice but he sure knows how to tug at the old heartstrings.

Also unrelated followup question for ya...X-Men '97?? 👀

Yessir! To all of the above!

Magnus really didn’t have to do Wolvie like that. :csad:

Yessir! To all of the above!

Magnus really didn’t have to do Wolvie like that. :csad:
Pretty much almost everything else Magneto said or did in the episode I was like, "Well, he has a point" which is what we're supposed to think with his character, but giving Wolvie the old adamantium extraction was a bridge too far for me. I said in the '97 thread that they couldn't get away with THAT on Fox Kids back in the day. :o

Pretty much almost everything else Magneto said or did in the episode I was like, "Well, he has a point" which is what we're supposed to think with his character, but giving Wolvie the old adamantium extraction was a bridge too far for me. I said in the '97 thread that they couldn't get away with THAT on Fox Kids back in the day. :o

Wolverine literally stabbed him in the back with the intent to kill him. Magneto was acting in self-defense.

Magneto definitely wasn’t wrong and he’s obviously still reeling from the tragedy of Genosha and from being tortured, but at the same time that ‘eye for an eye’ logic does have its consequences. This is why I love that show so much, everyone is so real and there’s so many ways you can interpret things.

Along those lines,

It did feel a little cathartic seeing that happen on screen because it's one of those big moments we never got in the movies. The closest was when Logan got his claws severed in The Wolverine and ironically, it was Magneto who put the adamantium back on them...offscreen. Lame.

Along those lines,

It did feel a little cathartic seeing that happen on screen because it's one of those big moments we never got in the movies. The closest was when Logan got his claws severed in The Wolverine and ironically, it was Magneto who put the adamantium back on them...offscreen. Lame.

If MCU X-Men really want to go there, they need to adapt that too in live action. That would be fun.

Besides Fatal Attractions, I loved the Jean/Storm sister scenes and Rogue going off on the team. She gave some GOOD burns.

Does anyone else think Disney and WBD have any other collaborations planned apart from the streaming service package? I know Disney is letting Sony handle their physical media releases now.

Magneto definitely wasn’t wrong and he’s obviously still reeling from the tragedy of Genosha and from being tortured, but at the same time that ‘eye for an eye’ logic does have its consequences. This is why I love that show so much, everyone is so real and there’s so many ways you can interpret things.
I don't think "eye for an eye" really applies in this case because Wolverine was an active, lethal threat to him and his response was immediate. Magneto wasn't executing someone who was already subdued. It should be noted that this was pre-meditated on Logan's part as well. He already talked about wanting to kill Magneto before he even left for Asteroid M.

Was it explained that killing Magneto would reset what he had done? I don't remember anything like that, but maybe I missed it. Or does Magneto have to use his powers to specifically reverse things. Certainly Xavier's plan was for the other team to stop Bastion first and then try and get Magneto to turn the power back on. Because if Magneto has to be the one to do it (consciously or otherwise), then killing him would be the worst thing Wolverine could have done.

Does anyone else think Disney and WBD have any other collaborations planned apart from the streaming service package? I know Disney is letting Sony handle their physical media releases now.

My thinking is the Mouse would be open to any collaborations that might keep WBD out of the clutches of Kabletown. With Gunn running the New DCU I don’t think cross company superhero cameos are out of the question. I still wonder if we would have gotten a “Buried Alien” cameo in GOTG 3 if Ezra wasn’t a mess.

I think you misunderstand the nature of the Sony agreement. Sony is large and diverse company. Who is still invested in physical media production. Warner does not have anything like that of interest to Disney.

The great ****ing irony here, is that they are essentially remaking Hulu.

Also, don't expect crossovers. It ain't happening.

I think you misunderstand the nature of the Sony agreement. Sony is large and diverse company. Who is still invested in physical media production. Warner does not have anything like that of interest to Disney.

The great ****ing irony here, is that they are essentially remaking Hulu.

Also, don't expect crossovers. It ain't happening.
1715226083945.gif

Disney adding the Hulu Hub, adding bundles to other services like Max, and adding channels are all steps to pretty much making Disney+ feature parity to Hulu. I assure you those "channels" are a placeholder to bring over Hulu Live TV. The Hulu app will be gone before 2027.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"